Change Mode

PS3 Controller on Windows?

I've found forums online that say that it is possible to use the PS3 controller on PC with certain files. I've tried a couple of these sites but still haven't had any luck. When i first plugged the controller into my computer it installed drivers & recognized it as the controller, but nothing would accept it's input. Programs will see that it's there, but when i try to configure the controls, it won't accept any buttons i press. Can anyone help me get it working?

Thanks in Advance

I've tried it...and while it does technically work, the button assignments are very inconvenient. Trying to remap them hasn't worked in any games I've tried.

I've tried it...and while it does technically work, the button assignments are very inconvenient. Trying to remap them hasn't worked in any games I've tried.

I was able to get the controller to work. I think the main problem i had with it was that i never hit the PS button. Everytime i tried to configure it, the pc would never accept it. But after reading a few sites with instructions i saw the problem was the the computer doesn't really accept it until i hit the button.

Anyway, just wanted to add how i fixed it in case anyone else had the same problem.

Thanks for your help everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

i use a PS1 controller on my PC, works like a charm and you can remap the buttons easily to suit your needs, drivers are easily found using google, chances are your going to need either a PS1 adapter to a usb or serial port