Defragment files (Drive C)

Hi,

I just did the test:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=4PBCFWTG1XWS93SJ

I had defrgmented my computer with Deeskeeper and Power Difregmentor, but I still get "Drive C has 1% of its files fragmented, and a total of 10% of its data in fragmented files. You should defragment drives as soon as possible for best performance."

Thank you for help,

Lora

Hi,

I just did the test:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=4PBCFWTG1XWS93SJ

I had defrgmented my computer with Deeskeeper and Power Difregmentor, but I still get "Drive C has 1% of its files fragmented, and a total of 10% of its data in fragmented files. You should defragment drives as soon as possible for best performance."

Thank you for help,

Lora

Have you used the XP defragmenter?

I am taking it back the problem is not gone.

There is another problem that might be causing the fragment error. Here is the other problem:

The maximum size of your Internet Explorer browser cache is 313 megabytes. This is a larger value than we recommend. I have my cache on lowest setting possible.

Thank you for help,

Lora

P.S. I have Internet Explorer 7.

The cache error is unrelated and has to do with where IE7 stores the information.

To make sure it is not contributing to the problem, you can manually clear the cache by going to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete Files>Delete all offline content>OK>OK.

Did you try the power defrag in safe mode with DiskMD?

You can also delete your old test results, change the computer name, change the resolution, or test anonymously to create a new computer profile in case the drive results are being 'ghosted' from the previous tests.

Also, there is a reporting function in DiskMD. What does the report say relative to the amount of fragmentation? Can you copy and paste the report to here?

The cache error is unrelated and has to do with where IE7 stores the information.

To make sure it is not contributing to the problem, you can manually clear the cache by going to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete Files>Delete all offline content>OK>OK.

Did you try the power defrag in safe mode with DiskMD?

You can also delete your old test results, change the computer name, change the resolution, or test anonymously to create a new computer profile in case the drive results are being 'ghosted' from the previous tests.

Also, there is a reporting function in DiskMD. What does the report say relative to the amount of fragmentation? Can you copy and paste the report to here?

It looks like the problem is with my computer it is slow. Not to the point where it is a big problem, just to the point where it gets annoying.

Thank you for help,

Lora