Change Mode

Getting a DVD burner

Liteon, NEC, Samsung, Plextor, BenQ, they all make good drives. I have two Liteon Lightscribe burners, and they are great.

You can enable overburn on Liteon drives, and I managed to get 8x media to burn @ 16x, and 16x at 20.

Their 20x burners are a little loud, and I have heard stories of disks shattering while in the drive, so I'd avoid the 20x ones. However, it hasn't happened to me yet, but there's the distinct possibility that it can.

all i have ever used is Liteon, and not one complaint great drive.

ditto. ..... :tup:

from cd burners to dvd burners....they are the only brand i have ever purchased in the last 3-4 years. as far as i know, all of the lite-on drives i have installed for myself and others are still working great. i am not aware of a single one having any problems whatsoever.

:b33r:

theres only one to buy .... LG it also burns DVD ram disc,s and you can mail order it from scorptech

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/21308

you can get them cheaper at other places but if your out of town or not sure what you want .. thats the one

Ive used hundreds of these in systems ... and never had one come back

Edited by cats

I have had bad experiences with Liteon drives :( I had 2 CD Burners die in a few weeks and 1 DVD Rom.

I still think they are really great drives.. they worked flawless up until they died.

After those drives I decided to buy a Pioneer 111D and am very happy with it, havent had a single coaster yet even with cheapo discs. You can also cross-flash it to enable Label Flash.

lite-on is the way to go, I have burn over 300 or more DVD'S burns, and had not had but one problem and that is trying to slow the burn speed down, And that might not even be in the burner, still trying to find away to slow it down. But IF I had to buy another I would buy lite-on again.

The one I'm looking at getting now is this hunk of meat. What does everyone think?

with regards

that should do 'ya fine champ! ;)

not familiar with your $$$ down there, but around here a similar model with lightscribe goes for around $30....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827106023

like most liteon drives, the reviews look good.

:b33r:

yep the samsung is a very nice drive got mine on christmas for ony 25$ and haveint had one problem with it and very fast:)

what ever you do dont buy sonys lol

i had 2 drives dieing on me and they made some of my disk bad:(

first i fix them and they dieing again:(

18x isn't worth $20. At most, it decreases burn speed by only a matter of seconds.

Yeah and I really have no use for lightscribe either.

what ever you do dont buy sonys lol

i had 2 drives dieing on me and they made some of my disk bad:(

first i fix them and they dieing again:(

After Sony's other shoddy practices I have no intentions of buying any of their products.

EDIT: Just wondering, what kind of DVD burning software would I need?

with regards

Edited by Champion_Munch