Change Mode

I got it you hit a trash can I will fart on a snare drum...millions. Music of today is horrible and garbage. People will make fun of me when I say that Justin Timberlake is not bad. The guy can at least sing, which is far better then half of this hip hop crap making up words because thye are so ignorant as they can not even come up with existing words to rhyme to. Rapper used to tell a story and Rhyme, now it is garbage and made up words that a three year old could come up with. Rock/Metal is even worse. White trash screaming into a microphone, with a contest it seems as to whom can use more distortion with their guitar.

Gone are the days of Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, and of Bille Holiday, or Ella Fitzgerald. Music seemed to be on the right track when swing made a come back, but alas it died.

Hell the 80's were better then this...they may have said nothing but at least it was enjoyable to listen to.

What???

Well that song may have changed the music scene, but come on.

A screaming junkie who only knew how to play three chords on a guitar, that is the frontman for our best song of the last 25 years?

Every person in the recording industry should rent a gun and buy a bullet at this rate. It is getting worse and worse everyday. If I have to hear one more "Missy Eliiot Exclusive" I am gonna puke.

there is still good music being produced, pick up an instrument and try to play and then you'll have some appreciation for the work some of these guys do!

Metallica is increasingly starting to suck more and more.

St. Anger really bites. I can clang around on a trash can to carry more of a better beat.

Ok, so thats just your opinion. I happen to think that they are good. I like the way they sound. I never expected them to sound the way they did 15 years ago.

Have fun with the trash cans ;)

I gave St. Anger a chance...I listened to the songs. I don't know if I should laugh or plug my ears. At first I didn't even know it was Metallica, but then I heard the vocals. It seems as though they've learned 3 more chords!

I have an appreciation for true music making. This St. Anger stuff isn't the guys of Metallica trying to have a good time making music and doing what they love- it's their dying effort to turn a few more dollars so they can have a few more parties and buy a few more kilos of drugs.

I think anyone can tell the difference between a band just doing it for the money and game and a band just doing it for the love of music. An example is Manson. While I don't particularly enjoy his music, I can tell he's doing it because he loves making music...turning over a few $ is just a handy by-product.

I gave St. Anger a chance...I listened to the songs. I don't know if I should laugh or plug my ears. At first I didn't even know it was Metallica, but then I heard the vocals. It seems as though they've learned 3 more chords!

I have an appreciation for true music making. This St. Anger stuff isn't the guys of Metallica trying to have a good time making music and doing what they love- it's their dying effort to turn a few more dollars so they can have a few more parties and buy a few more kilos of drugs.

I think anyone can tell the difference between a band just doing it for the money and game and a band just doing it for the love of music. An example is Manson. While I don't particularly enjoy his music, I can tell he's doing it because he loves making music...turning over a few $ is just a handy by-product.

i dun think metallica does drugs nemore...

and kirk hammet is a really good guitarist! dont diss him!

:(

....remember nothing else matters?

:woot:

I gave St. Anger a chance...I listened to the songs.  I don't know if I should laugh or plug my ears.  At first I didn't even know it was Metallica, but then I heard the vocals.  It seems as though they've learned 3 more chords!

I have an appreciation for true music making.  This St. Anger stuff isn't the guys of Metallica trying to have a good time making music and doing what they love- it's their dying effort to turn a few more dollars so they can have a few more parties and buy a few more kilos of drugs.

I think anyone can tell the difference between a band just doing it for the money and game and a band just doing it for the love of music.  An example is Manson.  While I don't particularly enjoy his music, I can tell he's doing it because he loves making music...turning over a few $ is just a handy by-product.

i dun think metallica does drugs nemore...

and kirk hammet is a really good guitarist! dont diss him!

:(

....remember nothing else matters?

:woot:

I'm not dissing his ability, I'm dissing his choice of composition. He could take a lesson from Zakk Wylde in riffs and solos :rocks:

I really don't see how anyone can say that the Metallica of today is as good as the one of yesterday.

It's just not the same band anymore; not the same spirit.

:cheers:

Like I said, it's shifted from doing it for the love of music, to doing it for the love of fame and fortune.

My alarm went off this morning and St. Anger started-----after about 3 mins.-----my wife (who is a Metallica fan----saw them b4 they got big----seen them 3 times in concert)-----JABBED me in the ribs and ordered me to 'TURN THAT CRAP OFF!"....lol......she was totally annoyed by that song (first time she heard it) :P

dying effort to turn a few more dollars so they can have a few more parties and buy a few more kilos of drugs.

What are you talking about. Metallica never did drugs. They were alcoholics but not drug users. They are all clean now, by the way.

I really don't see how anyone can say that the Metallica of today is as good as the one of yesterday.

It's just not the same band anymore; not the same spirit.

If everyone would stop making this stupid comparison of Metallica now to Metallica 20 years ago maybe then you can enjoy the music that they put out today.

I am not saying that anybody is stupid....the comparisons are stupid :P

You could be very smart, but make stupid comparisons, decisions, etc.. You know what I am saying ;)

Edited by aeroman10