Change Mode

Speed Up Torrents

I'm not sure what you people download, and nor do I care. So.... now that we're past that lol.

I couldn't seem to find out why my downloads were going to slow. I went to google and found a program that ables you to download faster from .torrent programs (bitlord, bittorrent etc).

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

What it does is it changes the Tcpip.sys configuration.. allowing you to download from more clients. The limit is normally set to 10, this program changes it to 50... if you find that because of this you are having problems with your internet... just re-run the program and change it back to 10.

I've noticed a HUGE increase in download speed from this. I used to download anywhere from 60-80kb/s.... after using this program it shot up from the normal to around 300-400kb/s.

If you are a Bittorrent user... please, try this.

(I did not create this program, nor am I taking any credit for it!)

Edited by strukt

In Utorrent you can adjust the number of peers/connections in the prefrerence .connection option. isn't this the same thing?

nope,unless you use the tcp\ip patch abov then it doesnt matter what you set utorrent to it will still only have 10 concurrent half-open connections.ive known of these trick since xp sp2 put the limit in place. btw i set mine for 16777214, the max allowed.try it and see set it to 50 and set your torrent client to the same number.

Will this have any effect on your router (dropping connections)?

not on mine so far. windows xp prior to service pack 2 didnt have this limitation.they put it in to help thwart virus' spreading themselves so quickly.

Next you need to configure your torrent client to allow 50-100 max half-open TCP connections

uTorrent: Options > Preferences > Advanced options > net.max_halfopen

if you d/l this patch and applied this to u torrent will you let me know how much your speed improved.

anyone who has done this already, did you have to reinstall it every time you updated windows?

Edited by mrdithers

I have a question:

What can i do for an office? I am connected to a server and well last time i did this i left it on over night and shut all the PC's down. Next morning i did not get a nice phone call from the tech guy :( He stated that when you use a program like that you use all the resources from the office. All 100+ computers are lagging so you can DL.

Am i out of luck or is there something i can do to just affect me?

I have a question:

What can i do for an office? I am connected to a server and well last time i did this i left it on over night and shut all the PC's down. Next morning i did not get a nice phone call from the tech guy :( He stated that when you use a program like that you use all the resources from the office. All 100+ computers are lagging so you can DL.

Am i out of luck or is there something i can do to just affect me?

Hmm.. my guess would be just to not use the patch when you're at work lol.

Would I have to place the same niumber in the U torrent list (ie.) 50 I changed mine to*80 but the patch is set at 50?

I'm not sure.. I don't use UTorrent.. I use BitLord so I'm not too sure on what you'd have to do with the other torrent programs. All I know is that when I use BitLord, I don't have to change any settings (just apply the patch and it sets it to 50 and then my speeds increase).

I'm not sure what you people download, and nor do I care. So.... now that we're past that lol.

I couldn't seem to find out why my downloads were going to slow. I went to google and found a program that ables you to download faster from .torrent programs (bitlord, bittorrent etc).

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

What it does is it changes the Tcpip.sys configuration.. allowing you to download from more clients. The limit is normally set to 10, this program changes it to 50... if you find that because of this you are having problems with your internet... just re-run the program and change it back to 10.

I've noticed a HUGE increase in download speed from this. I used to download anywhere from 60-80kb/s.... after using this program it shot up from the normal to around 300-400kb/s.

If you are a Bittorrent user... please, try this.

(I did not create this program, nor am I taking any credit for it!)

i have tryed to dowlload and install it gos into the black screen and loads but then says it will affedt my windows and i need the windows xp service pack 2 disk witch i dont have because i downloaded the service pack 2 so i canciled the install it the told me this could affect the runing of my windows whats going on

I got all that also. I clicked y for yes let it install,ok'ed what was needed and cancelled the xp cd prompt. I only wish I ccould see an improvement, so far not yet but then it could be the d/l . If not I wondered how I can changed it back to the original settings??

Edited by mrdithers

Just re-run the patch and it will patch it back to the original settings.

I'm not sure how it will work for others since we all have different internet connections and different torrent programs.