Sign in to follow this  
mohutz

Uninstall Internet Explorer 7

I hate IE7, but now am unable to uninstall, when I do, I get this message "The file mshtml.dll.000 on Windows NT Service Pack Uninstall Directory is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click ok."

I tried searching my system for this file and am unable to find it. I'm using Firefox in the meantime, but I have a few websites that will only support Internet Explorer and want to get back to IE6.

Can anyone help????

Thank you!

Monique

I hate IE7, but now am unable to uninstall, when I do, I get this message "The file mshtml.dll.000 on Windows NT Service Pack Uninstall Directory is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click ok."

I tried searching my system for this file and am unable to find it. I'm using Firefox in the meantime, but I have a few websites that will only support Internet Explorer and want to get back to IE6.

Can anyone help????

Thank you!

Monique

Can anyone help????

Thank you!

Monique

IE 7 recently became a required update and it'll be only a matter of time before IE 6 won't be available for updates and the such. you'll also have to disable automatic updates to keep it from being loaded while you sleep.

I have found that Firefox is a much better browser than IE. There is a solution to Firefox notr being able to view certain web sites. Download the IEtab add-on for Firefox. It uses IE to view a page but within a Firefox tab. It is very fast and you can still run other tabs on Firefox.