Change Mode

I was wondering if you guys think this deal is too good to be true. All the reviews that I have read say that it is a great PSU. I can't find one of this quality for 100 dollars anywhere plus this one has this huge rebate.

Just wanted to know what you guys think. Also if your looking for a PSU you may wanna check it out.

http://shop4.outpost.com/%7BTl0u13gr2X5WXL...:Homepage:Spot1

to get anywhere near 30 amps on a single rail you need a single rail psu.

i've had a perfefct service track w/ Rosewell psus. sure they're the "kmart" brand of psu, but i've had two antecs die on me, both replaced with rosewell units that have run cooler, longer. lol

to get anywhere near 30 amps on a single rail you need a single rail psu.

i've had a perfefct service track w/ Rosewell psus. sure they're the "kmart" brand of psu, but i've had two antecs die on me, both replaced with rosewell units that have run cooler, longer. lol

Hence the 2 pci-e connectors

I ended up getting the strider 560w. I wanted something stronger but I just bought the 1900xtx too so I wanted to keep the price down as best as I can. I wanted to thank you people for the help. So I'm going to tell you what a dunce thing I did.

I install the video card and everything seems ok. I start up battlefield 2142 at max settings and it was running nice and smooth. I play for about a hour and a half. NO PROBLEMS.

I download ATI tool to see what temp the card was running at and it was running at 90C. Seeing how its about 70f in my house and I have VERY good case airflow I thought something was wrong. But I look up some sites and a lot say this is normal. But it still bothered me and then it hit me.

I didn't take the metal bracer off!!!! So it had about 2cm to push the air out. I felt like a idiot so I thought i'd share it with you. However you figure with the lack of airflow their would be some big problems. BUT it held fast with no artifacts and stayed running fine despite the very cruel thing I did to it.

Edited by hydrotaoist

:rofl2:

LOL ..... When you build computers long enough your bound to have a few stories like this :) At least you caught it right away ..

LOL. The same happened to me...I got the same card and had it installed in the STORE....when I came home I also noticed that the cards was very hot! Same thing there...THEY forgot to take the slot bracket out!! :pullhair:

Luckily I noticed it quickly because the card would for sure be fried by now!

Prof. Dr. Silver :b33r: