Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwfinch

I need a new Full Tower Case!

Guest dwfinch

Ok, I feel like an arss, right now! I have 2- 8800GTX's, all ready to go on my motherboard, but they wont fit in my case! I've never seen a video card this long!!!

Right now I have a Silverstone mid tower case, and there's no way it will fit!

So I guess I'm looking for a full tower case!

I'm looking at this one right now, but any and all suggestions would be great!!!

I don't know what to get, that these cards will fit in??? 2-XFX 8800GTX

Please help!

Thanks!

Guest dwfinch

On my board, the PCI-E Slots are lower that the IDE ports, plus I only use sata!

You will want to get a case where the drive connectors face the side of the case, ,not front to back. This case has huge room. I love it still.

Better pic.

Hard drive rails with noise dampening, External temp readout. External USB and sound. large fans front and rear. Room for large ps. Extremely light weight

Guest dwfinch

What area do you live in, dwfinch?

Why?

Thanks Sho!

If you want Evil-Looking, Cheap, and many fans then go with Sunbeam Transformer Case with a choice of Blue or Black on Newegg.

Edit: GREAT PRICE!

Edited by Conceal

I would chose this one:

ThermalTake Armor along with this Side panel I'm planning on ordering one for mine.

Its big...has 10 5.25bays and can hold up to 8 HDDs and still have room for 6 Drives... or 2 drives and 2 120mm fans in front... I just wish I could fir 2 PSU's in there... My 7950GX2 has about 4-5" clearence from the HDD's

Edited by Luis_GT

I have a lian li 75b for two years now great case 5"+ to HDDS with 2 7950's this price is high link

I have had THIS CASE for a few years now and its got tons of space in it. You can put your psupply on the bottom and use the top powersupply spot for an xtra exhaust fan it works well.

i've got the cooler master centurion. love it and it was like 50 bux at newegg? i've never had a more beautiful case for that cheap. spacious also

You will want to get a case where the drive connectors face the side of the case, ,not front to back. This case has huge room. I love it still.

Better pic.

Hard drive rails with noise dampening, External temp readout. External USB and sound. large fans front and rear. Room for large ps. Extremely light weight

I am not sure the 8800's will fit in that case. If they do it will be very very very close.

You can see here in some pic I found on the internet how much room this thing has!!!!!!!! It's a ton of room...

PC-75 Lian Li

Edited by Section8

I am not sure the 8800's will fit in that case. If they do it will be very very very close.

You can see here in some pic I found on the internet how much room this thing has!!!!!!!! It's a ton of room...

PC-75 Lian Li

They're expensive brand but I found a better cheaper with lots of room and choices of colors, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....p;SubCategory=7 and also from Sunbeam Transformer, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mer&Ntk=all

^They're both without Stock Power Supply which is good because you want a better power supply from another comany of your choice and not what the case get to choose.

oh mylanta! :blink:

X2 on the CM Stacker. Just built a new system with this case. Great cooling and build quality. Fit 2 8800gtxs no problem.

this may be overkill, my next case by the way

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chas...tx/MozartTX.htm

219.00$$ at newegg

Gr8 choice, its huge and it won't dissapoint, and the fact that you can have 2 systems, is something special.

I also suggest the CM Stacker 830, that case is huge no doubt. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119103

Have a look, you will not go wrong with either of them, I have one more in mind, not so expensive, once I get the link I was will post it Finchy boy :P . How r ya :)

i absolutely LOVE this case. i've had it for just under a year now, and i will never go back to my old antec server case. the only drawback, is that it's heavy, but that doesn't really matter unless you constantly move it. it is really quiet, and keeps my system very cool with it's 120mm fans.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81800

http://www.antec.com/pdf/customPC_p180test.pdf

yup bb that's what i recommend to my friends.

Antec P180.

don't choose gigabyte's 3d aurora - i read on a UK computer magazine that it performs very poorly compared to other cases, only it's looks are good

shuddup :P , I use it lol, its an awesome case, its big, but that much room as they advertise actually, Its not a bad case, if you wanna save a little, I suggest buy it, and mod it, like I did, drill fans on the side pannel and on the top, 1 blowhole for a 120mm fan for the top and I went crazy and drilled 3x120 fan for the side pannel :lol: ...

But If I had the money I would definitely go for the Mozart TX case that Brownhornet suggested, that thing has got much room, that your case will still look open after filling in components. :tup: