Change Mode

old computer help

gordesky1

ok i found a old computer and decided to see if i coul get it working.

but when i turn it on all it does is make long beeps and keep doing it.

so i looked up the beep codes and found when it does that meens its with the video or memory.

so i tried memory that i had still does it so i tried a external video card does same thing.

know what could be causeing this?

all i know the computer is 400mhz p2 and has 64mb ram because it says it on the cpu and memory.

oh and its one of those cpu card things that like a video card but this is a cpu.

External vid card? Not sure I follow this. Do you mean you substituted a card going into a slot on the motherboard? If so, did you go into the bios and disable onboard video?

Sounds like a Pii cpu.

hmm not sure what i was talking about external video card :lol: i ment pci video card l :lol:

but the problem have been found bad memory.

i took the memory out of my hp computer 256mb ram each and pop it in and it booted right up to windows 98:)

first i tested the mem in teh hp and it didint boot thats when the problem was soved:)

i thought something was bad wrong with it because nothing was showing up on teh screen and just beeping.

but seems like a dencent pc 400mhzs and 10gb hdd:)

and seems like it can be overclocked because it has alot fo stuff in bios allmost like dfi, motherboards lol

Archived