Windows Media Player 11

I was in my WMP11 and it told me to download something for it so I was like "okay" so I downloaded it and then my WMP changed drastically..I mean the look of it. Im like "ooh this is really cool!" (Before I go on I must tell you these past 2 weeks Ive had problems playing some of my videos on my WMP and a friend of mine was trying to help me because it came up with this error thingy and I dont remember what it said) so I went through my videos. I pressed one and it worked and I pressed another and a error report that says:

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help.

So I clicked on Web Help:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...inalid=80004005

If you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem please do so!

Have you checked what it said?

Assuming that the problem you are talking about is not being able to

play certain movies.

:blink:

mine did the same thing...I bet you downloaded there inrterface for selling music called "urge"...I just deleted it and everything is back to normal

mine did the same thing...I bet you downloaded there inrterface for selling music called "urge"...I just deleted it and everything is back to normal

I dont know what that is...but if you know how to figure that out can you help me please?

I have had this problem with WMP 11, I'm not sure if this is your solution but I installed a codec pack. And I was aware that it didnt say anything about failing to download codecs but i did anyway :-p. And problem was solved

I have had this problem with WMP 11, I'm not sure if this is your solution but I installed a codec pack. And I was aware that it didnt say anything about failing to download codecs but i did anyway :-p. And problem was solved

Where did you download this? Maybe I have to do that. If you could post a link that would be great.

Thanks.

Check to see if it is set to DL them auto.

On the Tools menu, click Options.

On the Player tab, select the Download codecs automatically check box.

If you know the pacific codec, you should find if here:

http://www.fourcc.org/

You can usually google the codec and find it or a pack on line. The only

problem with most packs, are they usually contain some sort of

media palyer. This can cause some problems sometimes.

I take it everyone has given up on this topic...

What kinda of video are you trying to play? if you right click the video and go to properties and see the format of the file, in some cases WMP cannot play all types video formats.

I personally downloaded WMP11 and i have had nothing but problems crashes all the time and just seems to be instable my advice would be to unistall it and go back to WMP 10, untill Microsoft bring out more patches for WMP11.

You might also be expiriancing problems because like someone mentioned befor you dont have the correct Codecs for example if your trying to play Divx or Xvid formats. might wanna download divx codecs.