Laptop graphics card upgrade

A friend of mine is trying to upgrade their laptop's graphics card, the need this upgrade because the card they do have doesn't support pixel shader 1.0. I am not quite sure what to look for, but I did pick two cards: Mobility™ Radeon® 9700 from ATI and the GeForce FX Go5700 from Nvidia. But I can't find a place to buy just the graphics card, not a laptop with one. Any suggestions?

It's a HP Pavilion laptop that's a few years old. But I shouldn't definitely figure out if I can upgrade the card, I should have thought of that first. I'll get the exact specs soon.

Here is a link to the system information of the laptop: filefloat.com/Matt_laptop_sys_info.nfo If somebody knows a way to lookup if the laptop is capable of upgrading then please tell me how.

Edited by djsilver666666

Highly doubt you can upgrade it. Dell Laptops are the only ones I know of which offer the option to upgrade the video card.

Sry bro you will never be able to upgrade that vid card in that lappy.Its settings are locked in bios and the power supply connects directly to psu.

Sry bro you will never be able to upgrade that vid card in that lappy.Its settings are locked in bios and the power supply connects directly to psu.

Huh?

the power supply connects directly to psu.

So it's not connected to the motherboard and powered components in the system like I originally thought? :unsure: