Sign in to follow this  
flewpastu

the 10,000 pt club

The P5WDG2 shows a multi from 6 to 20, and even lets me change it, but as soon as I hit F10 it reverts to 12. I can set it beow 12 and it will take, but to won't go higher. Fortunately it will boot and bench 350+ FSB.

I've got the 680 board sitting here, but it will probably be the weekend before I can get it in.

Bearlake looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :)

any chance i can get ya to run 3 pit tests with stock FSB but 3 different multi's just to test out my theory

266 X 10 , 266 X 11 & 266 X 12 ...... looking to see what the pit shows for a CPU speed score ....

on mine all goes up except CPU score

so what board are you putting in and what are ya going to do with the current board

the IN932x isnt getting the reviews i hoped for so if i go for a 680i board it'll more than likely be the Striker Extreme

10 X 266

11 X 266

12 X 266

11 X 272

thats the issue i have that killed me in the competition ......... no problem to run @ 4.5ghz but scores like 2.9ghz in CPU test ..... all other benches show fine .....................

time to try another board ?

This one is sitting on the floor next to me:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813188009

I could have saved $20 if I wanted to download and print the 139 page manual:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813188010

(and forego some cables and the lifetime warranty :rolleyes: )

I think the P5WDG2 WS is going into a build for my son, along with the X6800. Or I may sell them both. :unsure:

It's a great board, but there are some watermarks on the X6800 I removed, which I have never seen on any of the other 5 or 6 LGA 775 boards that I have had the Vapo on. So I either screwed up the install, or this thing was leaking air somewhere I couldn't see. There was actually water in the socket when I removed the X6800 to install the QX6700.

I'm afraid to look again.......

The X6800 was running just fine when I removed it, so I'm hoping the damage is purely cosmetic. :fear:

When I was drying it off, the gold "paint" on three of the lands partially came off. I am assuming that it is just conductive paint designed to improve contact, and that the pin will contact directly to the silicon without it. I guess I'll find out when I next try to boot it up. :lol:

This will be the first board I've used with an Intel processor that does not have an Intel chipset. Should be a good choice though, as the top of the orb is full of 'em! :lol:

bearlake is sounding like a better option for me ........ since i dont want swap out now and again in a few months

hey good luck with the new board

I know your each number being Overclocked but what does 266 x 10,11,12 mean? Mine is at 458 CPU Frequency with x7 Multiplier, is that what you mean?

Those are the multipliers.

Oh, I get it, I know mine is at 7 but I don't know what they really mean, I don't mess with that. I just use CPU Fruequency and to lower voltages as possible (until it becomes unstable to get better temperature).

New kid on the block.... :)

I sold the 7800's too soon. I could have used the video points. Not bad for an 8800GTX on the Pit test, though. :P

Dang, you just had 2.9 Conroe and now your onto Quad that quick, you really didn't have to do that, lol waste of money. :rolleyes:

Mine scored like that too 10236 note the familiarity in Ping times

anyway still dont score good for me in the pit was hoping it was a pit issue since it scores fine every where else

but seeing I_G's score with the same chipset and CPU it must be a Board issue for me

Super Pi 1m 11.219 @ 4.55ghz go figure huh :lol:

Mine scored like that too 10236 note the familiarity in Ping times

anyway still dont score good for me in the pit was hoping it was a pit issue since it scores fine every where else

but seeing I_G's score with the same chipset and CPU it must be a Board issue for me

Super Pi 1m 11.219 @ 4.55ghz go figure huh :lol:

Dang, what is your Temperature at for CPU and Motherboard?

Wow, your Vcore Voltage running at 1.238 and mine running at 1.28. You even have lower voltage and your on Quad, wow. Why you put your voltage so low? decrease temperature?

Intelguy, I see your Resolution at 800 x 600 and you should go the highest resolution you can get and get better score but I do know that PitTest don't matter like you said but still show off your even higher score. Do you really use 800 x 600? because thats massive like a microscope. :lol: