Change Mode

Incorrect CPU speed in test results

I noticed that for my latest test with the CPU multiplier increased from its default 10x to 11x, the PCPitStop test results showed the CPU speed as 10 times FSB 317, 3174 MHz, instead of its 11x value, 3492 MHz.

The correct values at the time of the test are shown at:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=149533

Mike

As you have probably noticed by this point, the Pit test needs to be updated to accommodate the new Quads.

It will happen, but it is not on the schedule yet. The Pit test is not a benchmark and is not intended to be one. It is a diagnostic tool to give an overview of the PC's general health and condition.

Although we like to use it as if it were a benchmark, it is all for fun. For serious legitimate benchmarking we have a Futuremark section: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=23

I think there are more than a few of us here that would be interested in Quad score in CM09 or 3DMArk 06. :)

As you have probably noticed by this point, the Pit test needs to be updated to accommodate the new Quads.

...I think there are more than a few of us here that would be interested in Quad score in CM09 or 3DMArk 06. :)

I'll be posting some Futuremark scores today. 3DMark06 won't be that impressive because I'm only running one video card, but the CPU scores are definitely way up.

I'm not very bothered by the CPU clock issue. I just mentioned it in case it hadn't been noticed yet. It doesn't affect anything except the systems chosen for comparisons as far as I can tell.

Mike