Change Mode

i have to say there are a lot of us

into cameras.

and sense they kinda of go hand in hand with computers.

might not be a bad idea

ax one fast one for you

what does cif stand for

i know it`s a setting for reasolution

on a camer but what does that letters mean

cif

magog

thank for the heads up on the fourm

will have to check it out

ax thanks

i`ve searched in my books and on the net and came up with nothing

;)

CIS means contact image sensor, something to do with resolution

Every digital camera uses the same basic sensor chip technology. Sensor chips come in two varieties: charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS). CMOS is the older and more battery efficient technology, but CMOS or CMOS Image Sensors (CIS) cameras aren't suited for poor lighting or moving objects. For those conditions, buy a digital camera that has a CCD sensor.

Edited by KansasConnection

The man in charge is not sure there is enough interested in a forum for digital camera at this time. I was thinking that we would have more replies on this, so I'm bumping it up to see what happens. Charlie ;)

I'd post in it...I've become a photography nut since I got my newest digital camera. I like showing off my pics...I'm actually starting to get pretty good at taking pictures.

Maybe if we sew our lips and eyelids shut then refuse to type anything on the Pit we'll get Dave to ok a camera forum :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

...hey----I think it's a good idea....I have a pretty good digi cam...I've been into photography for YEARS!!......(although the hobby got put on hold during divorce ---trying to weasel my way back in)

Mine is a Kodak DC3200 that my kids gave me for christmas a couple of years ago, and I know what you mean. Kodak's website is very lacking in many ways. It's geared more towards sales of than use of digital cameras.

My camera is not the best by any means, but it takes adequate photos if the conditions are right. Whatever you're taking a photo of can't be too close or too far away, the light has to be just so, the sun has to be behind you, etc...

But some of my photos have turned out ok, in spite of the fact that the camera has it's limitations, and all I know how to do with it is point and shoot. :mrgreen:

Posted Image

Woodley Island Marina on Humboldt Bay, Eureka, California

AX --

Isn't there a size limit to the pictures we are supposed to post on the site?

Seems that I remember someone mentioning something about it once!

:mrgreen:

It is a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

P.S. Keep it just where it is right now. It is inspiring!!

Edited by LOLA

Charlie that almost looks like a ceramic!! :mrgreen:

I'm all for a new forum,,just not sure it should be limited to the cams.

Kinda liked Lava's idea on the gadgets and stuff. ;) v

AX --

Isn't there a size limit to the pictures we are supposed to post on the site?

Seems that I remember someone mentioning something about it once!

:mrgreen:

It is a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

P.S. Keep it just where it is right now. It is inspiring!!

Yeah, there is. 550x412. And if you notice, my photo was originally smaller than that (500x375). I just resized it to the max dimensions allowed.. :mrgreen:

Well along with digital cameras I happen to like gadgets and stuff. WIN WIN WIN!

Then maybe ole dave will let us fix ya up!! your in luck really,,Ax loves the cams,,Bruce loves the cams,,and lots of others like both. :mrgreen:

I'm stuck in the middle,,I just like yakkin!! :mrgreen: v

Surely, you weren't trying to imply that I, the person who wrote that rule, would break it? :mrgreen:

No AXIE --

I know that you are a stickler for rules and regulations! I just wanted to tickle you a little & seee if there was a reaction!

By the way, could you jump down to HALF MOON BAY & take some more pictures like that? I used to take pics all around there when I lived in Cupertino. Miss it! Me CRY!!!

You have all of the BEAUTIFUL SCENERY up there --- BUM!!!