Sign in to follow this  
TorreyIsLDS

Have You Ever Seen A Ghost?

cpuguru, not really so much as a scared into believing. I much like you assumed the footsteps were mice or something else and the shadows were tricks of light...after seeing other things though, I am now convinced. No one who has spent any length of time in my house, will now say that they don't believe in ghosts. A lot of people ask me how can you live there...well I have a huge apartment in a very nice neighborhood and it isn't very expensive. However I pay rent they don't and if anyone is leaving they are:)

I don't believe in ghosts.... I live in a very old victorian house too. If I hear a noise or see something strange I immediatly chase it or inspect it.. Then, I'll think long and hard on what it was and usually find out what. It is usually just tricks from my eyes.

Like this one time I was walking up my back kitchen stairs and I saw a ball of light move up too. Any other person would've thought it was a ghost, even me if I didn't take the 20 minutes to inspect it. I went up and down the stairs almost 20 times to find out what it was. It turned out to be a trick of light. Just light that was in the corner of my eye that was coming from the kitchen light.

Another instance was the time I saw a strange light shape go accross my wall then up my ceiling... again, other people would think it was a ghost and run away... but I stood there for an hour. It happened 3 times in the time I had been there. It also was a trick of light, nothing more. A car passed by at the correct angle to make the beam of light cross my wall and ceiling.

I also heard something climbing up the stairs once or twice. I wasn't scared, so I immediatly ran to the source of the sound, the front main hall staircase. It was my sister walking up the stairs.

Also, while getting a 1:00 AM snack in my kitchen, I saw a very strange image in the mirror. I was freaked out right away, but it turned out to be me in the mirror.. he he he, I look so scary, people might mistake me for a ghost.

In the dining room, we have a china cabinet. My mom always was afraid of a ghost or something because one glass would move up a bit. So, I inspected it. I came up with some theorys on why it might've moved and tried them out. It was because of people walking by it. When they walked by it, it would make vibrations thus moving the glass. My mom was also scared because that same glass once completely turned up side down. I bet your wondering what my explanation for that one is... Well, it was me! He he he, I played a joke on her. It is so easy to play a ghost joke on people.

Edited by AdamMAXIS

but I stood there for an hour.

I swear I laughed aloud on that one.

I agree, I just don't believe in ghosts. When I was smaller there used to be noises and stuff in the house when it was just me and my cousin and we thought the place was haunted. Later we found out there was a squirrel running across the roof and a birds nest on top of the chimney. :P We felt stupid.

Adams right. I live like a block away from his house and when i went to his house I felt a weird presence. It was really cold in the house in the middle of spring when the temps were really hot. Then he had called me an idiot and said that the ac is on. Another time was when i was in the pool at his house o man what a pool. It was 2am in the mornin and i was swimmin around and then i saw this weird little image of a girl that was telling me to get out. Then i found out it was her little sister sabrina that was callin out crap. But ghost are not real in im opinion because ghost are spirits. Ghost are just made up figures to scare little children.

I most definitely believe in ghosts. I had a friend that a few years back that lived in what I would very much call a "haunted house". Her baby daughter's bedroom was in the front of the house, and at night, you could see a shadow of a mobile spinning very fast over the baby's crib (keep in mind, the living room light did shine in on this wall..that's where the light came from)...but her daugher HAD NO MOBILE on her crib.

Also, she had a picture of a horse on her living room wall...and occasionally the horse's nose would bleed, and not from holes in the glass or anything...just this dark red, somewhat sticky substance would start running down the OUTSIDE of the glass from where the horse's nostrils were.

The basement door would unlock and open itself. She bought several deadbolts, padlocks, etc. to lock that door with. We'd go to bed, and the next morning the door would be standing open again...and the lock would be GONE..nowhere to be found.

In the back bedroom closet, the bottom half of the closet had been boarded up, so that only the top half was accessible. We were jokin around one day about "what if there's a body in there?" so we decided to open it up. No body, but we did find a couple of names dug into the wall, and an old license plate. We went to the courthouse and did some checking around, and found out that two men had started building the house, but only one finished. The two names we found were those two men. And the year on the license plate matched the year that the first man died.

Also..more on the basement. The basement had an old dirt floor, with a huge hole over in one corner, probably about four or five feet deep. She and her boyfriend had repeatedly filled in that hole, and somehow that hole always "unfilled" itself, usually within a week of them filling it...with no trace of where all the excess dirt had gone.

Guest Donna

Hey, that sounds like it would make a good movie.

I love spooky stuff. :):)

Another friend of mine had her house burn down. Nothing unusual about that, except for the fact that I happened to be staying the night at the time. She and her boyfriend had gone to bed before me, so when they smelled something cooking from the kitchen, they naturally assumed it was me. They also said they heard footsteps going down the hall toward the bathroom outside their bedroom door...again they thought it was me, so thought nothing of it. I WAS ASLEEP ON THE COUCH IN THE LIVING ROOM DOWN THE HALL!

This story may not sound so strange if I just left it there. But add in the fact that her father had died 7 months earlier, her mother had moved in with her new boyfriend, and had just put the house up for sale a week earlier, and her father had told the two of us that he wanted my friend to have the house in the event that her mother found someone new to finish her life with, and the house burned down in the wee hours of the morning on of all days...FATHER'S DAY!!, and you have quite a strange story indeed.

It also just happened that her daughter (his granddaughter, who was only 2 at the time) was staying the night elsewhere that night, so was in no danger. And my friend and her boyfriend had just happened to have had a fight earlier in the evening and were still "making up" was the only reason they were still awake and smelled the smoke so we got out in the first place. Stranger still, huh?

And the next afternoon, after the firemen had gotten everything under control, and we were going through what was left of the house with her mother and the fire inspector, we happened to notice a skillet on the stove that we KNOW was NOT there when we'd gone to bed, which would explain the smell of something cooking they had smelled earlier.........

Sure....it's 2:40am and how am I suppose to go to bed with this stuff in my head?? Was such a dummy and read the entire four page post.

I myself have "felt" the presence of something or somebody at times and it sends chills up my spine, just did sitting here typing about it.

*turns on the light*

Whoever has the cabinets that open by themselves and lives in WI....where in WI? I live in Northern Illinois, are we close?

DragunLadee...why don't you move?? Whew!

I am sorta gald that I have two kittens in the house that I can blame all the noises on that I am hearing now....

Hope I can sleep :snooze:

-Friday :nospys:

Sure....it's 2:40am and how am I suppose to go to bed with this stuff in my head?? Was such a dummy and read the entire four page post.

I myself have "felt" the presence of something or somebody at times and it sends chills up my spine, just did sitting here typing about it.

*turns on the light*

Whoever has the cabinets that open by themselves and lives in WI....where in WI? I live in Northern Illinois, are we close?

DragunLadee...why don't you move?? Whew!

I am sorta gald that I have two kittens in the house that I can blame all the noises on that I am hearing now....

Hope I can sleep :snooze:

-Friday :nospys:

friday...those weren't MY houses...they were houses of friends...and they don't live there anymore either.

why would they live there if the house burnt down? :blink:

well of course THAT friend don't live there no more...as a matter of fact, the other friend finally moved too. :P:nospys:

Too many people like to sensationalize their feelings so as to make life more interesting. When I was a kid and wanted to believe that I lived in an adventurous fantasy land, I seriously made an effort to believe that there were such creatures as fairies, hobgoblins, etc. Some people will combine their religious beliefs and the gullibility of their social contacts to create a self-sensationalizing episode wherein they are the witness or bringer of 0-day anecdotes about a supernatural experience they or someone they know had. How many people, if they weren't religious or had never seen a movie or tv show or read a book about ghosts would "experience" ghosts? Probably none but those who want to make something easy to explain - I didn't get along with Billy, he died, and lately I've been hearing creaks in the house late at night, Billy must somehow live on here to haunt me, his worst enemy....

I have heard/seen some what i would think as weird...but i cant prove they are ghosts. One of the most recent werid ones where is that my computer turned on in the middle of the night and woke me up. That totaly freaked me out and my heard nearly stopped....after a minute of trying to make logic out of it, it just turned off. So i turned every light on and unplugged it. Keep in mind my surge protector was off...even the master was off.

Sounds like it's time for you to buy a new surge protector.

No, im talking industrial surge protector here....its meant to take a beating and its saved my pc many a time before. The worst was about a month ago we had a really bad storm and lightning struck the dudes flagpole next door. So the electric went underground throught our sprinkler system into our house and surged the power blowing every circuit breaker and tripping my surge protector. lol. Hmm...maybe i should replace it

How many people, if they weren't religious or had never seen a movie or tv show or read a book about ghosts would "experience" ghosts?

A whole heap in my experience.

That doesn't make it so, it only makes it questionable. I share your skepticism Stasi but my own beliefs are suspect, equal to yours.

I