Change Mode

Internet Explorer 7

Hgas1960

Hello all from BOSTON i was wondering if any one out there down loaded the new version of internet explorer 7 and whether or not they like it, i had it but unistalled it cause i didn't like some of there features they had on it so any one wanna give there feed back on it. :pullhair:

THANKS

im extremely surprised you havnt had issues when it was installed!

all the forums i visit theres nothing but issues concerning ie7, i would steer away atleast till the bugs are worked out!

i also think ms released it with foul intentions to use there customers as beta testers ;)

I've been using it for several weeks now. At first I encountered a lot of errors with web pages/sites that wouldn't open. Web searches showed that there were suspected problems with the google tool bar. I left it in place for a couple of more weeks, expecting that Google would find a fix but they still haven't, I ended up deleting (reluctantly) it. I always relied heavily on its spell checker feature but once I realized that a spell checker was one of the add-ons that were available, its importance was greatly diminished. IE7 comes with its own search box and google can be set as either the default search engine or as an alternate.

I still occasionally get web pages/sites that won't open so I know its got some issues. When these happen, I usually just refresh the page (sometimes twice) and it opens it. I like the Tabs feature (I know - there are other browsers that have had this for a long time). All and all, I think its a good improvement over IE6.

I've been using it for several weeks now. No problems. Except with PCpitstop forum, the ad at the top of the page is never in the center of the box. Half of the ad is covering up the user options links..

Posted Image

Edited by jakaach

I have one of the beta versions on my work computer for the past seven months. I'm not the one who installed it, but the guy before me did. When I try to uninstall it, it tells me I have to log in to the account that installed it. I haven't bothered to re-activate his account yet.

The only issues I have in the released version is when it comes to debugging. There may be a way to get it to do what I need it to do, but I haven't found it yet. If I'm working on an asp page and get a server error, I like to know what that error is so I can fix it. It's frustrating when the browser won't show what I need to know. I guess that's what FireFox is for.