Change Mode

Recently I've been experiencing problems with my digital camera software. During the installation it said there was a problem with mfcdell.checkqtver and it wouldn't finish. An error similar to This happened to me before about a year ago, but worked after an uninstall and reinstall. Now, I suppose the problem is worse and I can't use it because there is an error with quicktime somewhere. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I still have Windows Me so I hafta get older versions.

I used the regular uninstall, not the "uninstall everything" button, until it didn't work. I looked on quicktime.com to see if this could be a problem for others as well and it told me to select the uninstall everything button, but it won't let me because of an error called unvise32qt which is a problem with quicktime.qts.

Anybody know any other way to uninstall/reinstall, or to fix this problem? Please let me know

Edited by lax9girl

Hi lax9gir,

Could you have a look at THIS first please?

When you did the uninstall, are you using Add/Remove?

Did you try System Restore before you uninstalled?

If you still wish to continue with the uninstall of Quicktime & can't complete it in Add/Remove, I will give you links to a couple of good uninstallers. You may have to use Windows Explorer to find the Quicktime folder.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/zsoft-uninstaller.html

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

Yea, I checked out the website before I did anything, but since I only have windows me, I can't download the newest versions of quicktime.

and yes when I tried uninstalling I was using add/remove, and it was working at first, but I selected the regular uninstall instead of the "uninstall everything" button which I was told to use on the quicktime website. Now when I try to click on that button, it's when I get the error messages.

Thanks for those links, I'll def check them out and get back to you.

Ok,, I tried the new program you posted and it looked like it worked. A friend of mine helped me with the quicktime thing here and I got it reinstalled.

Now I have another question....Im getting an error on my camera program (Olympus camedia 4.2) saying

error # 0x80040707 mfcdll.checkQTVer Dll function call crashed. Anyone know what that is or how to fix it?!

Edited by lax9girl

Now I have another question....Im getting an error on my camera program (Olympus camedia 4.2) saying

error # 0x80040707 mfcdll.checkQTVer Dll function call crashed. Anyone know what that is or how to fix it?!

Hi again lax9girl,

I think this may be the ERROR you are seeing:

Unless you are experienced in dealing with the registry, I would suggest you back it up before doing ANYTHING. If you make a mistake, it can cause a LOT of grief!

HOW TO BACK UP REGISTRY IN WINDOWS ME

I am not aquainted with your make of camera so I would suggest you have a look at the following link:

THIS MAY HELP

Let us know how you get along please.

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

Edited by Hawk

I actually tried the registry thing last night and some of mine were missing so I made the registries, but it still didn't help.

I emailed the support center on the olympus website (thank you) to see if they could help me at all.

Thank you for your help, I'll let you know when they email me back

In the meantime, if anyone comes up with anything, let me know!

I actually tried the registry thing last night and some of mine were missing so I made the registries, but it still didn't help.

I emailed the support center on the olympus website (thank you) to see if they could help me at all.

Thank you for your help, I'll let you know when they email me back

In the meantime, if anyone comes up with anything, let me know!

another problem is your os, u should get another version of windows. windows me was basically designed so that computer repair people could install it and have their customers come back with other problems.