Change Mode

P C Optimize

Guest Marianne J Baddiley

Guest Marianne J Baddiley

I have purchased this product and I have been using it for a while, however, it ticks the box saying 'Remove Invalid TypeLib entries' it then says it is deleting them but doesn't, what is the answer and how can I contact the company direct? Can anyone help Many Thanks

:wp:

You can contact us directly through the customer service page:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

There is currently an entry from the Adobe flash player that has been locked by Adobe and will be white-listed by Optimize in a future update.

It is possible that your computer has other keys that are locked as well. You will also need to be in an adminstrator account to have the necessary privilges to make changes to the registry.

• 1 month later...

:wp:

You can contact us directly through the customer service page:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

There is currently an entry from the Adobe flash player that has been locked by Adobe and will be white-listed by Optimize in a future update.

My error message for Invalid TypeLib entries gives details:

HKCR\TYPELIB\{FAB3E735-69C7-453BA446B6823C6DF1C9}\

yet when I search for it in REGEDIT it cannot be found.

Is this the Adobe Flash locked entry to which you refer?

I notice that when I delete the entry with PC Pitstop OPTIMIZE 1.5.10.8, allowing it to delete my temporary files, that when I restart the invalid TypeLib entry is again found, and there are about 3000 to 4000 KB of temp files already loaded again.

Is this connected to the Adobe entry?

WHAT IS WHITE-LISTING, and what does it mean to the end consumer (advanced dummy)?

Gordios-ICXC-NIKA :pullhair:

HKCR\TYPELIB\{FAB3E735-69C7-453BA446B6823C6DF1C9}\

Is this the Adobe Flash locked entry to which you refer?

Gordios-ICXC-NIKA :pullhair:

Yes, that's the one.

I notice that when I delete the entry with PC Pitstop OPTIMIZE 1.5.10.8, allowing it to delete my temporary files, that when I restart the invalid TypeLib entry is again found, and there are about 3000 to 4000 KB of temp files already loaded again.

Is this connected to the Adobe entry?

The invalid TypeLib entry is related, the temp files are not. Are you closing the browser before running Optimize? Files in use won't be deleted. (Also, temp files are recreated as soon as the browser is opened.)

WHAT IS WHITE-LISTING, and what does it mean to the end consumer (advanced dummy)?

White-listing basically means the the program will be told to ignore that key if/when it finds it.

What that means to the end user is that they won't see that key being flagged for removal over and over. Eventually Adobe will resolve the issue with the key and at that point the 'ignore' entry will be no longer be used.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, that's the one.

The invalid TypeLib entry is related, the temp files are not. Are you closing the browser before running Optimize? Files in use won't be deleted. (Also, temp files are recreated as soon as the browser is opened.)

White-listing basically means the the program will be told to ignore that key if/when it finds it.

What that means to the end user is that they won't see that key being flagged for removal over and over. Eventually Adobe will resolve the issue with the key and at that point the 'ignore' entry will be no longer be used.

My issue with flash player is I have to uninstall it and reinstall it after using optimise 100% of the time. What gives?