Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Do you use Instant Message?

I don't like IMing very much but my kids do. If they catch me online then they keep sending those annoying nudges because I don't reply fast enough. :help:

I'm not crazy about emailing either, rather use the phone. :mrgreen:

If I'm using the computer, I'm using MSN Messenger.

More than half of the teens who use instant messages send more than 25 a day, and one in five send more than 100. Three-fourths of adult users send fewer than 25 instant messages a day.

If it's what I think it means, I probably send a thousand 'instant messages' a day if I'm at home.

with regards

In my early days on my home computer I used ICQ which drove me crazy with the demands of the messages :geezer: Would be reading some very deep tech information and someone would want to chit chat :mrgreen: Finally uninstalled it and never looked back :crash:

constantly on it, its the only means of keeping in touch with friends that have gone to university/collage or moved away from home.

if i were to tot up the messages that i made in a day, i would probs say about 3-4 thousand.

on average i talk to about 3-4 people a time.

2 main prog's i use is the latest offering of windows live messenger, and skype for the guys i game with.

however, i think i've email about twice this year. lol

i use it all the time, its a better way to comunicate from a great distance, most are stuck working on there pc's anyway, its also helps better than using a phone because the topic point is priority :)

No Instant Messaging, no outlook express either.

You just can't beat a phone for communicating unless your there in person.

Clarification: Phone is device that plugs into a wall socket, not a cell phone those should be banned. :lol:

Edited by Lou

I used it quite a bit for a couple of years but then, like mouse, I found it taking too much time and attention. Don't use it at all now.

I only used it for a while when I had relatives in Iraq. We would use yahoo. It was great when using a webcam.

Other than that, I don't care to use IM. It gets in the way of doing real work.

I do like to use utilities such as Team Speak or Ventrillo. That's more like a phone. Less typing.

I used to use Yahoo Messenger a lot, but the shine wore off....I stick to email now, and I respond to those as and when I have time. The demands of "instant" can be too much And I find it stressful having to think/react that fast, especially when that's what I have to do at work all day. IM = high stress to me!

When I ran several mobile phone sites I used all 4 messengers (the main ones) and was instantly swamped with a dozen people every time I logged in within 1 minute lol, drove me mad, but it was the only way to help some people, but I haven't really used anything for the last 18 months, I just haven't had the time, will be interesting to see how many jump on me when I find the time to log in again lol.

There is now yes, but back then you couldn't go invisible until you had logged on, and the speed they jumped on me I didn't have a chance lol. :lol:

I've got AIM on almost all the time. It's how my friends communicate with each other. We don't use these "phone" things you people speak of.

Yes they have to have the same proggy installed ... BUT it uses all common clients aol / yahoo etc .. so unincrypted convos can be had and you can use your normal accounts .. but if the other party has the program running its encrypted ... this is what "howdy mate" looks like encrypted to someone not running it

ANM56B+kpUq4bc180hF5c8Udy0NcmBKYAGGfKBCQXE0JJsbdc9MxX2qjzqefS2CQZShVep1k7MKc7zcmu/NyeJ++ThxppaZzYkTksCInWtEK2iuHS2oy7xWMfJfytAKExgLiIdJ9L3quZKsKkMLB8Pjj8mI4e6t8kSH5lLl5n8s+1tkBXkGXfDNg+iPkK00NJdlF4zgEizwj31Ljo1ZP8nlIJL5Vucp5d8bKS1Nqr+90RWjbc1lFPue8LcNGivew5hQK089pe25sZRX437FvHCSTOdzFYFnJvgERuxLRN2qEZ6A0vqARYhPB9mCDcZCVlU4mztI6fN1w9w87XO3v7JM=|Bg==|RMLCN/G9AvED1HJisbmry62IQDkS0iNtepnkpd2Yqoob67rVYApJSXwm89a+jP5/ObbDiaw7LQmoirNUsV1AXeB8+iRkuXMOWf/OboaTO7TPL1iybnVDV3+MtqnvljD+3CP34wpMnxN0qcjWTBLMaYqp33M+vgjWkYmCVdLz1tk1H5+9ODlBFbKL/ETTGVI6RH292g1EFz4rLo9ViInQeGMRuzZn/01ZFF98MOBsArbiUTzOLw5surTD/G/aAvvNCXyzUQRiv1iwvTNezjUD0WDcezdYHbqqs+PADqmXs/yZITRo+V31KuXHWlySTYxzk2gsZ9xC/2+aM0QlDMt3AQ==|Luupct4r6ZQQkom7T8doqHLWOUI=|AME5opxFq/OCSfecQYR3fExjXzza