Sign in to follow this  
brownhornet

sending back

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835702002

the first 2 day's i had an idle temp of 29c. since then it has climbed now idle'[email protected] i have not adjusted any setting's since installation. room temp has only increased 1 degree. anyone have a better suggestion, i was thinking about getting the big typhoon.

Ok, first of all, 129 on a cpu cooler??? Second of all you probably disabled c1e or EIST since. (it's happened to me) I load at 35c at 3.25ghz on for 8 hours blend test with the swiftech Ultra apex watercooling.

nope EIST is enabled. c1e not sure where that is. i think i may have to go with a water cooled set-up.

C1e option is only in bios 1.2 i think ( not sure ) i leave both enabled it does help control temps

water cooling is great but a good air cooler like you had previously is very good aswell ( XP90c etc )

i had spent $160 on a Tt Subzero TEC Cooler and it was horrible still have 2 sitting in the closet , an intel and an AMD version the XP-90c was by far a better cooler

big Typhoon i have never used but as with anything se if you can find some reviews

nope EIST is enabled. c1e not sure where that is. i think i may have to go with a water cooled set-up.

You know brown, Angels have been trying to tell you that for the past few months, they say brownhornet a message from GOD says you have to move on from air cooling, half the Overclockers have moved to water cooling, son its your turn...

Aaah that didn't really sound that cool :P .. If you really want to stay with air cooling, XO-90c is good, but the SI-128 and the Ultra 90 are excellent heatsinks brother.

Water Cooling you know what to do, DD or Swiftech custom kits are actually preety good...

Maybe that huuuge case too :lol: ....

Good luck on the choice Brown, those big coolers sure look big, but they can't perform like the ultimate best rated & world class Thermalright heatsinks..

Cya around :)

**sorry if I sounded sarcastic :P..**

hey miggs, yeah i had the xp90-c hooked up but the darn bracket was pretty wobbly. and after removing the HS i could see by the thermal paste that it was not making good contact at all. i already have an RMA# for this big monster that i am sending back. i am pretty nervous about water/liquid cooling i dont want to spring a leak and ruin all my stuff, i have read horror storie's about this :yikes: plus i dont want a system that take's a degree to assemble i did see this system. not sure about the price

I know there is some controversy to this but i was scared of liquid cooling at 1st aswell

so i went with PC ICE Non Conductive liquid Coolant ...............

Luckily i havent had to test if it really is Non Conductive :rolleyes:

... I'm running distilled water... and I was using Tap water before that :o:laughing:

Condensation once got a few droplets of water on my 7800GTX... nothing happened though. and had caused my PC to spontaniously shut down... again, nothing happened... this was when I had my AMD system... I then insulated and kept my Opteron 148 @ 2.75ghz with 24C load temps and 9C idle until I sold it.

Edited by Luis_GT

I know there is some controversy to this but i was scared of liquid cooling at 1st aswell

I would be more scared of phase. :blushing:

Looks good man, but I was also looking at this, also looked promising, infact the Armor case itself was a very big successful product for Therrmaltake, so the water cooling doesn't scare me.

I am also running water cooling temps myself, and trust me I was going to stop the leak test in less than 4hrs, but I looked again, and let it go for abt 30hrs, with no leakage, I was so damn happy. Its really ok brown, its not as bad as people make it sound, water cooling is worth it.

... I'm running distilled water... and I was using Tap water before that ohmy.gif :laughing:

Damn Luis you are a funny guy lol... How would you ever run Tap water, r u nuts lol :P:rofl2: ...

Looks good man, but I was also looking at this, also looked promising, infact the Armor case itself was a very big successful product for Therrmaltake, so the water cooling doesn't scare me.

I am also running water cooling temps myself, and trust me I was going to stop the leak test in less than 4hrs, but I looked again, and let it go for abt 30hrs, with no leakage, I was so damn happy. Its really ok brown, its not as bad as people make it sound, water cooling is worth it.

Damn Luis you are a funny guy lol... How would you ever run Tap water, r u nuts lol :P:rofl2: ...

Why yes... I am in fact nutz :rofl2:

Where the hell can I find that Rad with the HDD cage... I need that...

Edited by Luis_GT

Water ain't that bad, even though I hate it... When my system leaked all over my gfx card mobo, the pc just shut down. i left it a few hours and it started up perfectly fine, no damage done. All I can say is steer clear of Asetek Waterchill parts! My cpu block leaked, the gpu black had a crack in it, the pump was damn loud and the temps were crappy. I RMA'd the system and then they told me they never recieved it. £180 gone and they won't accept responsibility!

Ouch! When I got my watercooling the block was all scratched and OCUK eventually agreed to replace it, they sent out a STORM block instead of the apogee and then refused to do anything else. The block leaked all over my card (which was probably faulty in the first place) and they refused to take it back. I called up on a different occasion and they agreed to RMA it. It took 9 WEEKS! Still, my watercooling now is brilliant!

hey miggs, yeah i had the xp90-c hooked up but the darn bracket was pretty wobbly. and after removing the HS i could see by the thermal paste that it was not making good contact at all. i already have an RMA# for this big monster that i am sending back. i am pretty nervous about water/liquid cooling i dont want to spring a leak and ruin all my stuff, i have read horror storie's about this :yikes: plus i dont want a system that take's a degree to assemble i did see this system. not sure about the price

:dead-horse: The xp-90c bracked is wobbley for the 775? :huh: I think that my heart just broke. Once I got my fsb a little higher my plan was to install that on the new intel. :mrsgreen: Edited by rtyrie1

The reason the bracket is wobbly is because the backplate is threaded for the screws.So if you dont have it set right the screws will bottum out on the backplate before getting the top bracket tight.

Take a drillbit alittle bigger then the backplate holes and drill them out.Then the top bracket will get tight like its supposed to.

I was going to send my Monsoon back too but my cousin bought it from me.

Not trying to hijack, But I tried that coolant and it spilled onto my Exos2 and from then on my fans will not spin. The coolant got into the board in the exos and fried something. Think I will stick to water/antifreeze from now on. Exos pump still works and lights up and all but no fans ever.

Gryph

thx for the tip Gryph i'll be re-doing the coolant this week when i install the Vapo and will have just the video cards on water ............. i'll recheck everything real good while i'm in there