Change Mode

uPGRADE FAILED

Guest Helen Hajny

Guest Helen Hajny

I followed the prompts and "upgraded" my PC Pitstop and now it wont work. It uninstalled my previous version which was doing a great job, and now I need assistance in either getting the latest version to work or getting my old one back. Of course I cannot find my ordering info.

:wp:

Sorry to hear the upgrade did not go well.

Please try this:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller.

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

Then go to Start>Run>type "regedit" without the quotes and hit the 'enter'key.

Once the registry editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCPitstop\Optimize and delete that folder as well.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of the program from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I have also opened a help desk ticket for you, and have sent this same information, and your license key, to your email address of record. You may want to continue corresponding through the help desk if this does not resolve the issue.

Guest Guest_Ian_*

:wp:

Sorry to hear the upgrade did not go well.

Please try this:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller.

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

Then go to Start>Run>type "regedit" without the quotes and hit the 'enter'key.

Once the registry editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCPitstop\Optimize and delete that folder as well.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of the program from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I have also opened a help desk ticket for you, and have sent this same information, and your license key, to your email address of record. You may want to continue corresponding through the help desk if this does not resolve the issue.

Archived