Sign in to follow this  
IntelGuy

2006 PC Pitstop 500 Pit Scores

Guys...first of all, THANK YOU! :clap:

Since the competition is ending tonight, I won't be able to add another drive for RAID or to try ATI Tool since I don't have time today! :pullhair: I want to say thx to all of you that have made suggestions regarding OC'ing my rig(Specially Pentium Extreme!).

For a first time OC'er, I made a Pentium D 930(3.0 Ghz) run @ 4.5Ghz CPU-Z verified!!! To make an example, one of our fellow OC'ers clocked his Pentium D 960(3.6 Ghz) @ 5.278 Ghz on water! That is more than 46% OC'ed. However I did a 50% OC on AIR! I started the contest around 2000 points and made it all the way to 3306 points!!! I'm really proud of this achievement!

I really enjoyed getting into this OC'ing business....and I hope to be doing it a lot more in the future.

For all of you that still have time ....GOOD LUCK!!!

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Edit: Strikethrough after realizing stupid mistake!!! lol

Nice shot kid but don't get cocky.

Posted Image

;):clap:

lol Tarawa...but we all know Chewbacca was a n00b at the OC game :mrgreen:

New score:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=T6M3FW8R8AJSNNXJ

score = 2721

2.7ghz ftw ......too bad it didnt really give me much improvement over the previous 2.69.....but hey, im surprized i got it to go 2.7 again without turning on my a/c :mrgreen:

edit:

damn i just tried pushing it some more.....and it half loads windows at 2.71ghz...actually i think i got it to post at 2.72 once.....i have a cup of ice in front of the cpu fan hehe.... but then i tried bumping down the HT link a notch from 4x to 3x and got it to post at 2.77ghz....but windows didnt like anything higher than 2.7 :bang:

looks good :tup: Superdude688 2721

WOOOOOOOOT!! YEAH......I'm blonde...actually stupid.... but that's okay right? :blushing: LOL

So I guess tomorrow it's back to the drawing table....YAY!

Thx Dunce! LOL, now I really feel like an idiot.....

Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Ps. I meant what I said before though...Thx everyone!

lol , WOOOOOOOOT!! YEAH......I'm blonde...actually stupid.... but that's okay right? LOL.

yeah me too :laughing:

Guys...first of all, THANK YOU! :clap:

Since the competition is ending tonight, I won't be able to add another drive for RAID or to try ATI Tool since I don't have time today! :pullhair: I want to say thx to all of you that have made suggestions regarding OC'ing my rig(Specially Pentium Extreme!).

For a first time OC'er, I made a Pentium D 930(3.0 Ghz) run @ 4.5Ghz CPU-Z verified!!! To make an example, one of our fellow OC'ers clocked his Pentium D 960(3.6 Ghz) @ 5.278 Ghz on water! That is more than 46% OC'ed. However I did a 50% OC on AIR! I started the contest around 2000 points and made it all the way to 3306 points!!! I'm really proud of this achievement!

I really enjoyed getting into this OC'ing business....and I hope to be doing it a lot more in the future.

For all of you that still have time ....GOOD LUCK!!!

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Edit: Strikethrough after realizing stupid mistake!!! lol

Hey thanks for joining in and having fun. That's what it's all about. Fun and getting a chance to see how others are doing things. The time limit for the drawing prizes ends tonight at Midnight but the contest and the winners prize are still open till Dec.31st. 7:00 PM. You can still make pitstops though and raise your score till the contest is over.

Nice shot kid but don't get cocky.

;):clap:

Tarawa....I'm not trying to be COCKY or to become COCKY!! :rofl2:

LOL, just really excited over my succes as a first time OC'er!!

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver

Tarawa....I'm not trying to be COCKY or to become COCKY!! :rofl2:

LOL, just really excited over my succes as a first time OC'er!!

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver

I was just teasing you. I got the same way when I clocked my 805 D to 4GHz. ;)

Hey Prof. Dr. Silver, keep going m8, your clocking that chip very nicely, and that is really a nice OC. Maybe now you can tell Flew, I flewpastyou, so thats 2 BAD HAHAHA !! :P ... That actually sounds nice lol :lol: ...

Man I wish you the best of luck, first time Oc'er, hell your clocking that thing like a pro, your doing good, keep going on :)

Flew, sorry lol :rofl2:

The time limit for the drawing prizes ends tonight at Midnight but the contest and the winners prize are still open till Dec.31st. 7:00 PM. You can still make pitstops though and raise your score till the contest is over.

so does this mean that the drawing will be held tomorrow, or does it not go on till the end like the winners prize? because that would be pretty sweet if i just so happend to nab that powersupply and was able to use it before the contest was over to bump me up a spot or two :mrgreen:

Re-testing my overclocking abilities as we speak.

Good and bad news...

Bad: It looks like my good ol' AthlonXP isn't what it used to be...

Good: I'm still satisfied :shifty::shifty::shifty:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=WXN3FW8Y7AJSSAXJ

Score: 1924

And yet, it gives me a BSOD 2 more mhz higher... :pullhair: 1.9v vcore!! Extreme!

It's still a nice 600mhz Overclock!

I'm still working though.. give me a few minutes...

Edit: Either my watercooling is awesome, or my motherboard is wrong. I'm only at 41c with a 600mhz OC, lol. Trying out 1.93v vcore, 2.9v ram, 1.7v chip, 1.6v video.

Edited by IanG

so is it over have they done drawing lol i think #1 amd should get something besides braggin rights lol