Sign in to follow this  
IntelGuy

2006 PC Pitstop 500 Pit Scores

Flew ' Pit stop upgrade # 1 Vapo .............. no major improvement in FSB

6602 adjusted

gonna try and save for a E6700 or wait till this Comp is over and go for the Quad might be a month or 2 down the road

Looks Good Flew! :tup:6602

So, you likin' it?

It is me again! Got it up to 4,5 Ghz!! I don't think I can go much higher.... :crash: = 3306

How long do we still have for this competition? Maybe I can figure out something else....

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Excellent Prof. :tup:3306

Have you tried using ATI Tool to bump up the 2D clocks on that card?

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=H83DFW8Y7AJS0RXJ

Just getting warmed up, again :)

This contest ends at 7:00 PM tomorrow (Friday), correct?

Whoops! Sorry Ian, the resolution is limited to 1920 x 1200 (and 16 bit color) :tdn:

Yes, the deadline to be eligible for the prize drawings is 12:00pm Florida time. Post up!

Looks Good Flew! :tup:6602

So, you likin' it?

:bigsmile: Yup

biggest difference is beingg able to run 3D benches much higher now but will push it this weekend

Whoops! Sorry Ian, the resolution is limited to 1920 x 1200 (and 16 bit color) :tdn:

Yes, the deadline to be eligible for the prize drawings is 7:00pm Florida time. Post up!

LOL, that's what I thought too, however someone pointed out to me that it's actually MidNight.

5.) Members must have a score posted by Midnight EDT Dec.15th. to be eligible for the prize drawing.

Yes, the deadline to be eligible for the prize drawings is 12:00pm Florida time. Post up!

Ah, thanks IG. I didn't notice that. I'll post a new test when I get home!

Check out this beast: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=DBFLPWVFCLJS80XJ

I don't think it's too unreasonable to assume that I will come in first place this year.

with regards

i'm almost the same as you but you have double the ram and very little on the processor speed

LOL, that's what I thought too, however someone pointed out to me that it's actually MidNight.

5.) Members must have a score posted by Midnight EDT Dec.15th. to be eligible for the prize drawing.

:blushing: fixed. :mrgreen:

Guys...first of all, THANK YOU! :clap:

Since the competition is ending tonight, I won't be able to add another drive for RAID or to try ATI Tool since I don't have time today! :pullhair: I want to say thx to all of you that have made suggestions regarding OC'ing my rig(Specially Pentium Extreme!).

For a first time OC'er, I made a Pentium D 930(3.0 Ghz) run @ 4.5Ghz CPU-Z verified!!! To make an example, one of our fellow OC'ers clocked his Pentium D 960(3.6 Ghz) @ 5.278 Ghz on water! That is more than 46% OC'ed. However I did a 50% OC on AIR! I started the contest around 2000 points and made it all the way to 3306 points!!! I'm really proud of this achievement!

I really enjoyed getting into this OC'ing business....and I hope to be doing it a lot more in the future.

For all of you that still have time ....GOOD LUCK!!!

Edit: Strikethrough after realizing stupid mistake!!! lol

Edited by Prof. Dr. Silver

Guys...first of all, THANK YOU! :clap:

Since the competition is ending tonight, I won't be able to add another drive for RAID or to try ATI Tool since I don't have time today! :pullhair: I want to say thx to all of you that have made suggestions regarding OC'ing my rig(Specially Pentium Extreme!).

For a first time OC'er, I made a Pentium D 930(3.0 Ghz) run @ 4.5Ghz CPU-Z verified!!! To make an example, one of our fellow OC'ers clocked his Pentium D 960(3.6 Ghz) @ 5.278 Ghz on water! That is more than 46% OC'ed. However I did a 50% OC on AIR! I started the contest around 2000 points and made it all the way to 3306 points!!! I'm really proud of this achievement!

I really enjoyed getting into this OC'ing business....and I hope to be doing it a lot more in the future.

For all of you that still have time....GOOD LUCK!!!

you need to read the rules again ? :P

Competition Dates= Dec.1st 7:00PM EDT (Naples time)-Dec.31st. 7:00PM EDT(Naples time)

1.) One computer entry per member

2.) Every member may have 2 pitstops for tire changes, processors, memory, vid cards, or drives . (2 only item changes during competition)

3.) Hardware is open but no ram drives. Drive scores are capped at 630.

4.) Tests must be dated within the competition dates.

you still got time to upgrade

New score:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=T6M3FW8R8AJSNNXJ

score = 2721

2.7ghz ftw ......too bad it didnt really give me much improvement over the previous 2.69.....but hey, im surprized i got it to go 2.7 again without turning on my a/c :mrgreen:

edit:

damn i just tried pushing it some more.....and it half loads windows at 2.71ghz...actually i think i got it to post at 2.72 once.....i have a cup of ice in front of the cpu fan hehe.... but then i tried bumping down the HT link a notch from 4x to 3x and got it to post at 2.77ghz....but windows didnt like anything higher than 2.7 :bang:

Edited by Superdude688

you still got time to upgrade

WOOOOOOOOT!! YEAH......I'm blonde...actually stupid.... but that's okay right? :blushing: LOL

So I guess tomorrow it's back to the drawing table....YAY!

Thx Dunce! LOL, now I really feel like an idiot.....

Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Ps. I meant what I said before though...Thx everyone!