Sign in to follow this  
big_wayne_86

How To Find My Ip?

Is the client IP different than the broadcast IP because that website got mine wrong / or just different than what my client IP is in properties

Nope , DSL , when I check my IP addy from properties it's different from the website that Nellie posted

Only the webzilla site got it right the other ones were way off , but the webzilla site got my browser wrong :mrgreen:

And they only got my server addy , not the client.

Edited by bluescout

"blue, are you using a router?"

Nope , DSL , when I check my IP addy from properties it's different from the website that Nellie posted

It's quite likely that the DSL modem provides network address translation (NAT), making it equivalent to a router. In this scenario, the modem has an IP address, fixed or provided by the ISP, through which it connects to the Internet. Each connected computer is provided a local IP address by the modem. Both of these addresses are reported by the old Pitstop tests; I don't know if OverDrive does so.

Perform IPCONFIG /ALL at a command prompt. If the adapter that connects to the Internet has an address within the ranges listed below, it is a local address set by the modem router.

10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

An address in the 240.0.0.0 to 254.255.255.254 range should be considered "local" as well. These reserved addresses are used by a very few manufacturers (they shouldn't be used at all).

Edited by TomGL2

??? why resurrect a topic that's 10 years old ??

Hmm, fair question. The topic was at or very near the top, so I didn't think to look at the posting dates. I wonder how it came be there?

Edited by TomGL2

Hmm, fair question. The topic was at or very near the top, so I didn't thnk to look at the posting dates. I wonder how it came be there?

A spammer had resurrected the topic and was quickly taken out by caintry_boy, thus the topic bumped.

Now, what to do about nigsy.............. :IG:

:lol:

:) Y

It was there because of a SPAMMER that I caught last night...

Lessee, Windows 7...left click the internet icon down by the clock in the system tray, then right click the connection and select "Status". Now click on the "Details" button in the middle of the popup window and you'll find your iPv4 IP addy right there.for a router. Or just go to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test, it'll show your REAL IP addy assigned by your ISP.

:geezer:

can we find posts even older than 10 years?

... I'm having trouble with my pong game....

i used my dual core smart phone to scan the barcode on my prescription to send a refill to walgreens. in and of itself it sounds very insignificant, but wow, think of 10 years ago. i was using an athlon xp 2600m (that cpu was boss) in my desktop...my phone had a 32 color display and it was state of the art.

Edited by badbinary

Should I move this thread to the Smartphone section?? :mrgreen:

(Best not ....think Y's going to come in and 'Administer me!!)