Sign in to follow this  
HackerFreeware

FON

and for only €/$ 29.95. ...it's free!!!!

If the security was top knotch then it could possibly be ok, but with that many users i am doubt secruity is really all that great.

One thing does come to mind this sounds a lot like p2p to me

Well Guys,

I think I'm going to buy one and try it out :)

Anyone else going to give it a try?

Edited by HackerFreeware

might be worth spending the money on a router if...

1. I had a lap top that could use it

2. I was a road warrior and needed it while traveling

3. If I new for sure I could connect almost anywhere, living in the country doesn't help, but might be ok in the larger cities

where you LIVE doesn't matter so much as where you GO with this.

they do have browsable maps, and in my neighboorhood there's actually 2 homes w/ it, and a business with a rather large hotspot on the map for fon.

Looks like something for the TechTalk section. Lets give it a go. :)

Quick way to have threads die. ;)

Quick way to have threads die. ;)

I'm afraid you are right, this tech-talk forum has no place. We already have a general discussion forum

General Discussion is for things not related to computers and tech, at least that's the way I've always understood it.

Since when?

I have always argued that "general discussions" was for discussing anything in general. ;)

I believe people post their topics there, because that is "where they" want them.

Other then the occasional new member who posts a help question there because they don't know where else to post, I would think general discussions is just that, where people go to discuss things that interest them.

So I have to ask, if all tech topics go here, then what should we do with the other tech related sections do we just dump them and post all

Linux,

Apple Mac,

Custom PC's,

OC,

Games and Gear,

Scores,

Distributed Computing..................

These are all tech related sections, some people post in them, some people post in general dicussions.

I believe people post in the sections they do, not because a particular thing goes in any particular place, but because people they think might be interested read those sections, or the folks they talk with most often read those sections.

If I am reading the header of the forum correctly, this is not the place to be moving some of the posts you have moved.

Voice your opinions on hot topics in the industry, PC Pitstop research, the pit blog and more

BB had a great thread, perfect for general discussions, don't see how his thread even comes close to fitting in here.

it was only a few short years ago that the discussion came up about to continue to let peeps post help problems in thr GD area

at that time, it was decided to let them continue posting questions, I know this place is bigger today, but lets not be so ridgid about it