Change Mode

PC Optimizer

Guest Tom Grayling

Guest Tom Grayling

I run W98 and have just purchased PC Optimizer in order to try and improve my internet speeds.

Was 1600-1800kbs/sec but now the download speed has dropped to 470-490kbs in the last few weeks.

When I run PCPitstop it recommends adjusting 'Receive buffer size' so I was expecting Optimizer to change this setting ,(as stated it would by your company), but nothing has changed since I have run Optimizer.

I do not want to delve into the Registry so please can someone tell me how I can get Optimizer to change this setting or how to get back my Download speeds.

Thanks for your help

:wp:

I am sorry to hear that Optimize has not lived up to its advertising. An issue has emerged whereby Optimize is unable to change the receive buffer in Windows 98 when that value has been locked by another application such as proprietary ISP software, download accelerators, etc.

Your order has been refunded.

To undo the changes Optimize made to your system, open the program and put a dot by 'restore system settings' and then run the program again. If that fails to correct the download speed problem, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was installed.

To uninstall the program, go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize.

Thank you for trying our software, and I hope you continue to visit our site.

:wp:

I am sorry to hear that Optimize has not lived up to its advertising. An issue has emerged whereby Optimize is unable to change the receive buffer in Windows 98 when that value has been locked by another application such as proprietary ISP software, download accelerators, etc.

Your order has been refunded.

To undo the changes Optimize made to your system, open the program and put a dot by 'restore system settings' and then run the program again. If that fails to correct the download speed problem, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was installed.

To uninstall the program, go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize.

Thank you for trying our software, and I hope you continue to visit our site.

Thanks very much for your prompt and to the point reply. I was not looking for a refund as I am sure the other tools within the programme are useful. I was hoping to get a reolution so that I can get my Internet speeds back. I should point out that the low download speeds were not caused by Optimizer.

Willing to stay with Optimizer if it can be made to sort the problem. Any other ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks for your excellent service. :cheers:

If you selected the connection type as broadband "Safe" from the first screen, please select broadband "Max" and run the program again to see if there is improvement.

If Optimize is able to improve your connection speed, I can re-instate your order, but if it can not, you may want to register and post in our Internet Connections forum and see if anybody can provide some input:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=8

If you selected the connection type as broadband "Safe" from the first screen, please select broadband "Max" and run the program again to see if there is improvement.

If Optimize is able to improve your connection speed, I can re-instate your order, but if it can not, you may want to register and post in our Internet Connections forum and see if anybody can provide some input:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=8

Thanks . Have tried using Max but unfortunately the 'adjust Recieve buffer size' icon still appears when running PCPitstop test. Appreciate you help

Archived