Sign in to follow this  
Doug

African Wild Life "Live Cam"

I know what you mean.

I think they let the "safari tourists" control the camera sometimes.

Burns my buns if I had been watching a giraffe or warthog or something interesting, and all of a sudden the camera is staring at a patch of grass.

I know what you mean.

I think they let the "safari tourists" control the camera sometimes.

Burns my buns if I had been watching a giraffe or warthog or something interesting, and all of a sudden the camera is staring at a patch of grass.

:(:rofl2:

Well, do any of you other old timers still pop in and watch this? I still visit once in awhile and now they have more water holes and cams... In the past I've seen lion, leopard, elephant, kudu, Thompsons gazelles, warthogs, giraffe and a host of other critters.

Nothing happening now but it's around 5:30 am over there. Won't be long tho'...!

http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php

and for you n00b's, enjoy!

:geezer:

I still drop in. It's saved in my favourites.

There was a great one overlooking the Penguin colony in the Antartic - If I can find the link I'll post it up.

Where did you see the lions Tomk_?

Elephant right now at Tembe...

2 Elephants at Naledi...

Apparently those are Impala and Waterbuck, and a couple warthogs joined the mix.

Interesting.

There must have been 50+ of the Impala and Waterbuck. They just cleared the area and disappeared in a matter of two seconds. Not sure what startled them, but the elephants have the place to themselves now.

Seems like elephants are on several camera's nearly every day. Sometimes lions. I always seem to miss the giraffes. :IG:

And I always seem to miss the Lions and Impala. There used to be a couple of other water holes that were called Iodube and Elephant Plains. I used to see loads of Impala and Kudu or Waterbuck (not sure which) at Iodube. Of course that was back when they were expanding. Nkorho used to be the only live cam, then Elephant Plains came along then Iodube. I don't know why they took those two offline, maybe they just renamed them...IDK.

Well, This morning there were a bunch of impala, kudu, waterbuck, wildebeast, nyalas, or duikers - I don't know which at Tembe. I can't tell the difference sometimes, but there appeared to be at least three varieties... maybe four. They just look "deer like" to me. They seem to show up just after dawn most days, and suddenly they will all clear out. I assume something is coming in that startles them but never see it. They disappear and then there is nothing until elephants show up in the early afternoon - at least when I check in.

It's nighttime there now and the only thing I see is elephants at O. river.

Kinda late but last night around 11pm mama and I clicked on the Cat-Eye camera and the picture quality was not great but we witnessed about 20-30 antelope of some sort...(Impala, Gazelles, Duiker...etc.) I don't know. I DO know that only one in the bunch had horns/antlers/headgear and he was a good looking fellow.