Change Mode

I need quick help with my graphics card

um.. you said the card works, the fan spins. sure it will..

but still test it out on a different motherboard (if you have), to verify to see if it works. Do you have any beeps when startup.

are you using the dvi port, or vga (as in do you have that dvi to vga converter).

:)

i tried both the ports and still no display with either lol.

i dont have any agp mobos around lol so i cant test it out but im pretty sure it would work seen as i bought it in a shop today

and i get no beeps at all

Edited by -Neo-

i tried both the ports and still no display with either lol.

i dont have any agp mobos around lol so i cant test it out but im pretty sure it would work seen as i bought it in a shop today

and i get no beeps at all

well if you get no beeps, it looks lik everything is sitting properly, its either ur monitor or ur video card. I would take it back, and tell them to test it out, it could be a faulty one.

wierd though :shifty:

What kind of monitor?

Does the power light come on green, then turn amber? Does it ever turn green again during the boot process? If you power on the monitor by itself does it come up with a "no signal" message?

actually, if there's NO beep from your computer, it seounds like the mobo isn't even posting. there's always a beep right at the end of the post screen.

like stated above, your card will power up the fan when you hit the power button. it's just the result of flipping the switch on, lol.

Maybe the psu cant handle the load. I know in your sig it says 500W but if its not a qaulity branded one that 500W stated is more than likely the max output it can handle, and even then the output wouldnt be to stable. Try unplugging all things not essential, case fans etc

could it be anything to do with my RAM? because if i turn on the computer without the ram it's the exact same or is there a problem with my motherboard,

the monitor works i know because i use it on this computer and i have reseated the graphics card a few times, and the power supply has to be sufficient because it actually powers up the graphics card, Rebel =UK=

should i ask to get a replacement mobo? and if so would i need a replacement CPU because im socket AM2

Not sure what eveyone else does but when I'm looking at a situation where you aren't positive what item is the problem I just start over. Take everything out of the case and rebuild on the mb box w/antistatic bag underneath. only connect the cpu,1 stick ram, vid card and drive. See if it lights the monitor. If it doesn't post or beep then I would clear the Cmos by using the jumper and removing the battery. Give it at least 10 minutes or more and also be sure to depress the start button after you've unplugged the unit to get rid of any holdover voltage.

If that doesn't work then you are going to have t check each item, MB, processor, ram, vid card either in another computer. Good luck, hope you get it solved.

and the power supply has to be sufficient because it actually powers up the graphics card, Rebel =UK=

It doesnt take much to power the fan its the GPU that needs most of the power. If it was the ram you should atleast here a series of beeps. Do you hear a post beep by the way?

shogan, i do the same type of thing, though i tear it down to the mobo and video card only if i suspect one of them to be the fualt, then i add stuff. all i look for is a post really to clear either the mobo or the vid card. you don't need it to boot all the way in.

no beep at post plus no video would mean to me that the board is done. um, does your HD get accessed or just spunup when u turn on the pc?

ya, normallly if the rams bad it'll beep all over the damn place at you, lol. atleast it has in the one i messed up and put in some ram that didn't get seated.

an obscure thing to check, have you read your mobo manual about the graphics slot? there may be a jumper or something odd that needs moved. *shrugz*

i looked through it because i thought the same thing and i actually cant see anything much about the installation of a graphics card.

to be honest i think it's the mobo because there is no beep when i power it up, and i dont think my HD is accessed but im not too sure sometime when i boot it i hear it kinda move, others, nothing

i would say mobo from here

had a friend get a vid card for christmas last year. told him to wait and i'd put it in, but he did it and ALL he did was just install the vid card and the whole system fried. my guess was a short from a static discharge. wierdest thing was that the card still worked in another computer, but nothingg else did after, lol.