Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

2006 PITSTOP 500

I had mine up to 4038Mhz and it froze when I tried to push it a bit further... Now I can't get it up that high, gonna let it cool down and boot back up and try again... I've got a window fan blowing into it

i used 1.58Vcore iced my radiator up and just set it to 4ghz in bios booted fine then did pit test, wonder what 1.7Vcore in bios will do my rma better get here before xmas so luis has no chance to pass me, might as well use clockgen next time too :P

Edited by awaaka

I'm @ 3.92 with 1.7v set on the Bios... I don't think I can push it more :help:

It is still a hell of a lot better than the 3.78 I was limited with the last 2 boards I had.

Edited by Luis_GT

BTW angelic those sure are some big harddrives your using there mind sending me a few? ;)

Edited by awaaka

Is your cooling any good? Your PSU might be holding your overclock back as a 1900xtx can suck up the juice and a heavy overclock can drain the rest. I may be wrong tho can always try resetting the cpu

Waiting all of my parts to ship to here.... I am guessing it will go 5500 to 6000 depending on my Video Card which is eVGA 7900 GS without SLI <what do you think the video card would score?

Edited by Conceal

Maybe a higher score if I take mine out of SLi?

Good Question... thats what I was thinking and I don't know if Pit Test regonize SLI Mode since 1 guy has 7950 GT/GX 1 GB and still only had 650 points off of that which is not good and thats where single 7900 GS should be or alot more.

Edited by Conceal

Maybe a higher score if I take mine out of SLi?

Yes. Should be a marked improvement.

What voltages are you running? Also you might try loosening the RAM or even dropping the divider down.

Well everything is as it was installed with, the only thing I have altered is the FSB, other than that I set the ram to 4-4-4-12 as per it's rating, but nothing else, never OC'd before so I'm on virgin territory, all I knew was keep uping the FSB until it became unstable, and at 335 I started getting blue screens, have no idea about ram settings as you mention, but will study the OC guide again to see what it says.

I took off the heatsinks on my board and put on some Ceramique. Hopefully I can get over 430fsb for the pit now. If not, new board time!!!!!

I don't know which one that is, I know one of them is at 2 or so (not by me) and my last few attempts at 330 have crashed, and one even said I had a corrupted windows file, thought I was going to have to reinstall again, but put it back to 266 and booted fine, I'm not sure if I'm brave enpough to keep experimenrting on this machine as I can't afford to replace it, I'll have a look at what they are again and report back.

*edit

OK just looked and they are as follows:-

1.325 = CPU

2.00 = DDR2

1.5 = MCH which is obviously the one you were on about, but mine max's out at 2.00, dare I try it ?

Edited by 8210GUY

nice score biggy, how r u ..

how do you get a very nice score on the RAID, man for some reason my RAID don't go score nowhere near 160 now, I remember sometimes they hit 180, the max I can get now is 120-140 MB/s. Tell your trick, c'mon :lol: ...

Cya around smart :filtered: :P:adios:

Hey Miggs! My trick is having Samsung spinpoints! Lol, that and I have a custom 30gb partition as C. Try defragging 3 times before testing aswell!

Hey Miggs! My trick is having Samsung spinpoints! Lol, that and I have a custom 30gb partition as C. Try defragging 3 times before testing aswell!

so you mean you have partitioned your RAID, you have your C: empty, and the rest for OS and junk...

Actually I wanna reformat mine, and reinstall windows. For some reason, all my games crash after a while of playing, sometimes I just click on .exe and there it crashes. Its just annoying as hell, I wonder what the prob is.

I'm also thinking it might be prob with my HDD's, every once in a while (say maybe once or twice in 2 months), when POST my RAID will not get detected, as in 1 hdd is not there, when I reboot, yea it comes up, and in Windows I get a pop up from NVRAID saying Your RAID has failed (Can't remember, something like that).

Maybe the slow performance is coz' of one faulty HDD. ;):shifty:

Thanks though.. But I sure love these WD, well I got to say thanks to brownhornet, I went for these, and I like 'em. :)

Cya Biggy :adios:

I have one of those WDs actually. Kept jumping between 20 and 70 mb/s in the pit. Drive is sometimes not detected.... I hate WDs

I really think vid score should be taken out of these tests. They're unfair on anyone without a 6/7 series.

awww.... people buy GeForce 6/7 series so tough.