Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

2006 PITSTOP 500

Gryph may be down, but not out. Look for something from his bag of tricks yet. :mrgreen:

I'm not expecting my position to last very long, and wasn't expecting to do more than end up in the middle of the QX6700 scores in the first place, especially since I'm using air cooling. I'll be happy if I'm somewhere in the middle after a week or two.

Besides, there are plenty of PCMark05 and 3DMark scores way beyond what I can expect to reach with my system.

It's going to be interesting to see how the QX6700s overclock on water-cooled systems. My impression so far is that they can't handle as high FSBs as Core 2 Duos or reach as high CPU speeds, but they got a lot more bang for each MHz they are overclocked.

I'm getting ready to swap out the P5WDG2 WS Pro and swap my eVGA nForce 680i back in to see how it does with the QX6700. With a Core 2 Duo 6400, the eVGA definitely reached higher FSB, CPU, and memory speeds, but benchmark results went back and forth between the two so performance was pretty much even, except using SLI for 3DMark06.

Mike

theres a cap on vid scores?

I believe it's 1000, and the cap on CPU scores is 10,000. Most people hit the 100 cap on downloads. Since there are three caps, it's possible that memory and disk I/O have caps, too.

If I get bored, I'll see if I can hit a cap on deductions.

Mike

I'm not expecting my position to last very long, and wasn't expecting to do more than end up in the middle of the QX6700 scores in the first place, especially since I'm using air cooling. I'll be happy if I'm somewhere in the middle after a week or two.

Besides, there are plenty of PCMark05 and 3DMark scores way beyond what I can expect to reach with my system.

It's going to be interesting to see how the QX6700s overclock on water-cooled systems. My impression so far is that they can't handle as high FSBs as Core 2 Duos or reach as high CPU speeds, but they got a lot more bang for each MHz they are overclocked.

I'm getting ready to swap out the P5WDG2 WS Pro and swap my eVGA nForce 680i back in to see how it does with the QX6700. With a Core 2 Duo 6400, the eVGA definitely reached higher FSB, CPU, and memory speeds, but benchmark results went back and forth between the two so performance was pretty much even, except using SLI for 3DMark06.

Mike

Hey Mike, you really did good with that score m8 especially on air cooling, I believe almost the whole top 5 or so, are running on Vapo, if not not Vapo than water cooling for sure. But hey, I think if you get atleast water cooling, damn you will break some records :woot: lol...

But hey Good luck on ur next run, I'm sure you will be atleast in the top 3, I doubt flew or I_G might get upto 7k, maybe XC, w0t that guy comes from nowhere, he will just pop-up :P , damn I wish I could beat that canadian bro :lol: ...

Cya around,

Miggs

Unlike the Internet scores, the 1000 point vid cap was arbitrarily selected to prevent manipulations like this:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=AK83FWEZ44WS984J

The CPU valuation is a limitation of the current scoring algorithm as opposed to an intentional cap, but the result is certainly the same.

Unlike the Internet scores, the 1000 point vid cap was arbitrarily selected to prevent manipulations like this:

The CPU valuation is a limitation of the current scoring algorithm as opposed to an intentional cap, but the result is certainly the same.

WTH 5k score on video, is that like the world record, waaaa :yikes::P

, I doubt flew or I_G might get upto 7k,

Cya around,

Miggs

well i can speak for myself that it dont look very promising for me

but there are very good scores up there now and one thing i learned is never under estimate ANYONE especialy Gryph

the end is in a few days as things will start to get interesting

I may not be around in the last Days so

i want to say Have a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy Holiday to All .........

well i can speak for myself that it dont look very promising for me

but there are very good scores up there now and one thing i learned is never under estimate ANYONE especialy Gryph

the end is in a few days as things will start to get interesting

I may not be around in the last Days so

i want to say Have a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy Holiday to All .........

I am sorry Flew, I forgot your a mod, and ur superior to me.... I am just a normal member. Damn how did I ever forget that I got like 0-nothing reputation here, and your like a mod, you can do anything...

Oh yea I even forgot you guys r like OC GODS, and I'm like a jerk, so I got no right to speak for anybody.

I am sorry Flew, I forgot your a mod, and ur superior to me.... I am just a normal member. Damn how did I ever forget that I got like 0-nothing reputation here, and your like a mod, you can do anything...

Oh yea I even forgot you guys r like OC GODS, and I'm like a jerk, so I got no right to speak for anybody.

Miggs, I'm certain flew didn't mean that how you are taking it. I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything in his post that is condescending or disrespectful. :huh: I read his post as he was re-affirming what you said about he and I being pretty well tapped out. It looks to me like he was agreeing with your assessment, but didn't want to speak on my behalf, as I was also mentioned.

I do remember saying somthin awhile back about you getting to 10,000 ... That isnt that far off :rofl2:

Awesome score ... is that SLI or single

... is that SLI or single

It's not a legitimate score. It's an outright cheat that can be done on any computer configuration..... :mrsgreen:

My purpose in posting it was just to demonstrate why we have an arbitrary video cap in place.

Miggs, I'm certain flew didn't mean that how you are taking it. I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything in his post that is condescending or disrespectful. :huh: I read his post as he was re-affirming what you said about he and I being pretty well tapped out. It looks to me like he was agreeing with your assessment, but didn't want to speak on my behalf, as I was also mentioned.

I know what he meant IG, he just wants to say, that I am not upto his standards, so I should shut up..

I know what he meant IG, he just wants to say, that I am not upto his standards, so I should shut up..

You Crack me up Miggs :laughing:

You Crack me up Miggs :laughing:

Lol flew, by the way I was not serious lol, it was sort of a Christmas joke :P ..

Merry Christmas to you old man :lol: , sorry I mean Flew :mrgreen:

Oh and sorry for any hard feelings. I didn't really mean that old man (hope you understand) :P

Edited by miggs78

I guess I'm missing more brain cells than I thought.

I completely did not catch that you weren't being serious..... :rollie:

I guess I'm missing more brain cells than I thought.

I completely did not catch that you weren't being serious..... :rollie:

oooh I seee..... did you think I could be serious at such gr8 people, I_G I don't like getting my :filtered: [email protected] all over town lol :lol: