Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

2006 PITSTOP 500

:clap: you can post that to the 7000 club ;)

he did that 1st :beer:

surely mike you have more 2D video :)

I get 2D video scores in the mid 500s under Windows XP Pro x64 Edition, but unfortunately the CPU test has some kind of problem with a QX677 at 3.3 GHz and above. The raw score is 56 trillion, which is adjusted to 10 thousand giving an overall total over 12 thousand, but it seemed more appropriate to post it to the problems section than here.

I'm not sure why the x86 video drivers are producing scores several hundred points below the x64 drivers; both are nVidia 93.71. I'll try a couple of different drivers I've found on the web today and see what happens.

I'm even more curious to find out why a Geforce 8800 GTX gets 2D scores barely over 100. So far, I haven't been able to locate a discussion about this, probably because people are too busy messing around with the 3D performance the 8800s do well.

It's also interesting that running the memory with 1:1 ratio to the FSB and 3-3-3-8-5T timings, even though the DDR clock is only a bit over 600, produces almost identical results to running it at around 1000 with 4-4-4-12-6T timings. This is consistent with results I've seen from people who did a lot of testing with different memory settings, especially with the 975x chipset.

Mike

Edited by Windsurf48

I get 2D video scores in the mid 500s under Windows XP Pro x64 Edition, but unfortunately the CPU test has some kind of problem with a QX677 at 3.3 GHz and above. The raw score is 56 trillion, which is adjusted to 10 thousand giving an overall total over 12 thousand, but it seemed more appropriate to post it to the problems section than here.

I'm not sure why the x86 video drivers are producing scores several hundred points below the x64 drivers; both are nVidia 93.71. I'll try a couple of different drivers I've found on the web today and see what happens.

I'm even more curious to find out why a Geforce 8800 GTX gets 2D scores barely over 100. So far, I haven't been able to locate a discussion about this, probably because people are too busy messing around with the 3D performance the 8800s do well.

It's also interesting that running the memory with 1:1 ratio to the FSB and 3-3-3-8-5T timings, even though the DDR clock is only a bit over 600, produces almost identical results to running it at around 1000 with 4-4-4-12-6T timings. This is consistent with results I've seen from people who did a lot of testing with different memory settings, especially with the 975x chipset.

Mike

I think you over wrote your test at 3.3. Could you post another at that speed? I'd like to take a look at it. Thanks.

I think you over wrote your test at 3.3. Could you post another at that speed? I'd like to take a look at it. Thanks.

I reran at 3.4, which gets the same results. Here's the link:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=E8VXFWJV8JJSGK4J

Also, this is the link to CPU-Z validation run just before the test:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=149443

Here's a text copy of the results:

Processor (CPU)

Millions of instructions per second (MIPS) 56000000000 0.100 10000

Memory (RAM)

Megabytes per second (MB/sec) 15184 0.100 1518

Video 2D

Megapixels per second (MP/sec) 559 1.000 559

Uncached Disk I/O

Megabytes per second (MB/sec) 172 2.000 344

Internet Download

Kilobits per second (Kb/sec) 285 4961 0.100 100

Tips

Deduction for red/yellow flags 1 -10 -10

Total Weighted Score 12511

From the details page:

Brand/Model Intel #6f7 (4 CPUs)

Nominal Clock Speed 2660 MHz

Measured Clock Speed 3400 MHz

CPU Load 0%

Speed Rating 56000000000 (No similar CPU/MHz)

"No similar CPU" seems like an understatement, or would if the result were accurate.

Mike

We have a winner, folks! :D

I have a question about your video card. Which nVidia drivers are you using?

Mike

Untill the 8800 cards came out the Nvidia cards scored extremely well on the PitStop 2D Video test as long as they were not in SLI. Now the 8800s are scoring lower than even the ATI cards did.

Thanks for posting that up again Mike.

I have a question about your video card. Which nVidia drivers are you using?

Mike

From the details page:

Brand/Model Intel #6f7 (4 CPUs)

Nominal Clock Speed 2660 MHz

Measured Clock Speed 3400 MHz

CPU Load 0%

Speed Rating 56000000000 (No similar CPU/MHz)

no way in bloody hell. that cant be right.

i mean come on, 3.2 Ghz = 48790 mips and 3.4Ghz = 56000000000 mips??? just no. something went wrong here.

Edited by Superdude688

Yep... he's been very busy lately.

I'm not sure if he'll get a score in :huh:

we're hoping to see a few more quads to post @ or above 3.3 - 3.4 to see whats up

not sure yet what the issue is ........... may be a Pit glitch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Amazing Score man!!!!

"Overall score for system "ACACIA": 12511 "

What do you mean '8000' club???? Let go to the '12000' right away....!!!! LOL :rofl2:

Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Okay guys

Now seriously, I think I have an issue and no solution for it.....

Here is the latest test : 3336

First of all: I made a little improvement with Ati Tool and got my card up to 516 MP or something....which is great!

However... I was really hoping for a 3450 score....but I noticed that my HD score is only 68??? :pullhair: I have a RAID 0 setup and yesterday i still scored 120+.... Anybody knows what went wrong? According to the Bios everything is still the same.....

Also the PC Pitstop test show 299Mhz FSB eventhough all others say 300Mhz(Like CPU-Z).... And for the last thing....I can't seem to go higher than 300Mhz....no matter what I try! Could I be maxed out? Is there anything else I can do to up my score? This way I'll never beat Gryph or let alone Windsurf48. LOL :rofl2:

Thx, Prof. Dr. Silver :beer:

Ps. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Edited by Prof. Dr. Silver

we're hoping to see a few more quads to post @ or above 3.3 - 3.4 to see whats up

not sure yet what the issue is ........... may be a Pit glitch

its gotta be a glitch dude.....no way a 200mhz gain would account for a 55999951210 mips gain.

unless it is made of magic that only gets unleashed when it gets to 3.4ghz o.O;;

Okay guys

First of all: I made a little improvement with Ati Tool and got my card up to 516 MP or something....which is great!

However... I was really hoping for a 3450 score....but I noticed that my HD score is only 68??? :pullhair: I have a RAID 0 setup and yesterday i still scored 120+.... Anybody knows what went wrong? According to the Bios everything is still the same.....

Also the PC Pitstop test show 299Mhz FSB eventhough all others say 300Mhz(Like CPU-Z).... And for the last thing....I can't seem to go higher than 300Mhz....no matter what I try! Could I be maxed out? Is there anything else I can do to up my score? This way I'll never beat Gryph or let alone Windsurf48. LOL :rofl2:

Merry Christmas Prof!

That's actually a good overclock for that board :tup: You're already sitting at 3424, so......

Okay guys

There are always some differences between tests but you could try defraging a couple of times and closing all background programs to get the few points on disk score back. You have a great overclock. Video is where you have the most available points and I know it's hard to get with an ATI card. You need to come across a nVidia card. :lol:

So we have somebody who beats Gryph, damn thats a preety good score by Windsurf48, good work bro, beating Gryph's score is definitely not easy, he is like OC GOD or something :lol: ...

Merry Christmas Fellas !!, God bless ya'll :rolleyes:

So we have somebody who beats Gryph, damn thats a preety good score by Windsurf48, good work bro, beating Gryph's score is definitely not easy, he is like OC GOD or something :lol: ...

Gryph may be down, but not out. Look for something from his bag of tricks yet. :mrgreen:

In the midnight hour ..screamed more, more, more. :P

:shifty::shifty::shifty:

The fat lady isn't even warming up to sing...stay tuned. :mrgreen: