Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

2006 PITSTOP 500

I still have a computer in the storage that was bought in 95 with Windows 95, I think it still works and extremely slow. It may be a Pentium 1 400 mhz.

Does it have to have red flag thingies... I have a laptop with a Pentium 75mhz and 1GB hdd that still works... I don't know if I can connect it to the internet though... I don't think it has a ethernet port :thud::laughing:

i have a 50Mhz 486dx-2 Epson laptop :mrgreen: with 8mb ram and 260mb hdd

Just so you guys know....

PC Pitstop's been kicking around an idea for the "Crappiest Computer Contest".

We're not necessarily looking for the oldest and the slowest, and we don't want computers that have been intentionally sabotaged. What we're looking for is Uncle Moe's computer that hasn't had anything at all done to it since he took it out of the box four years ago. Most red flags, most spyware, most problems.

There won't be any incentive to trash a computer just to enter it, as the prize is going to be a housecall from the Geek Squad (or local equivalent) to correct as many issues as possible and get the computer back to factory-fresh, or as close as possible.

So start thinking of who you know that has a computer that would be a likely entrant. This contest will probably start sometime in January.

I just gave one away after I cleaned it myself

It was a slot 1 pentium 3 650 that had never been defraged sense it was new in 2000 or late 1999

Had over 500 spyware and virus problems :rofl2:

Remember it's not the oldest; it's the most messed up. It can be a year old computer as long as it riddled with unintentional red flags, viri, and spyware. Lots of fragmentation. :) Might be extra points for fragmentation. :P

Remember it's not the oldest; it's the most messed up. It can be a year old computer as long as it riddled with unintentional red flags, viri, and spyware. Lots of fragmentation. :) Might be extra points for fragmentation. :P

Hmmmm, got an old lappy that'll barely run Win95.....might be able to get in on the net and let some fungi take over..... :shifty:

I just built a new rig for Mom and Dad... they HAD a Gateway that took 3 min to boot up. I suppose I could use that. I think it's a 600MHz Pent 2 or 3...

Hey tarawa. Just for fun run a test with it and post it here. You don't want to clean it up or anything and it would be fun to see what it's got. Just don't change anything so it stays bad for the formal posting.

our family computer is like 50% fragmented with like 10% free space.....well today i tried clearing it out and defragging.....but the page file wouldnt defrag (deleted it after i found that out lol) and i only got it upto 20% free space (which im sure my bro will mow back down) and its still like 30% fragmented. its too hard to fix even for diskeeper 9 pro xD

im sure if i did no matenince for them for a few months it would be just as bad as ever :)

ME clipseGSX2G we'll take a look at it but right now we're leaving the test scores as they are. You might try clearing your old tests after you get a thumbs up on your most recent. Sometimes that helps get a more accurate result. Changing the settings to function as a desktop might have some effect also. :)

Just that he's usually a Top Dawg and thought maybe he might be using a different username or some reason he might not be posting. Just seemed weird that he was missing a competition. :D

Hey intelguy umm i keep gettin -10 for the battery even tho i removed the battery i still gettin -10 so i think my score should be 2441 :unsure:

Hey MEclipseGSX2G,

If you have Windows XP, you might try playing with thise Power settings, under Display Properies (right click desktop, properties), screensaver tab, and Power then. Maybe thats whats really messing things up, no harm trying 'em.

Oh and also delete all your previous tests, and run a fresh one, as Sho said.

Good Luck Chap :)

Hey just wanted to say Great Job everyone ........ it does look like a good Quad set up is gonna be tuff to beat

my best is posted so i got nothing left in the Tank

i'll be happy if i can hang in the Top 5 ..... its been Fun :clap:

Hey just wanted to say Great Job everyone ........ it does look like a good Quad set up is gonna be tuff to beat

my best is posted so i got nothing left in the Tank

i'll be happy if i can hang in the Top 5 ..... its been Fun :clap:

Yes sir :salute: , you too, everyone played well, oh and thanks to I_G to keep udating the scores daily without fail, thankyou I_G for the wonderful work, you deserve a warm big :hug::rolleyes:

Yes sir :salute: , you too, everyone played well, oh and thanks to I_G to keep udating the scores daily without fail, thankyou I_G for the wonderful work, you deserve a warm big :hug::rolleyes:

i think he'd settle for a pat on the back :lol:

:P:adios: How about a wave and a tip of the hat. LOL Great job IG and everyone whose entered. It's been great and I think I might have a little more before it's over..