Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

2006 PITSTOP 500

I have one of those WDs actually. Kept jumping between 20 and 70 mb/s in the pit. Drive is sometimes not detected.... I hate WDs

Yeah I was actually thinking of getting these http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?Pag...D=8183&SID=

I have 2 options, either give 2 of the WD HDD's to my sis, or leave the RAID, and add the 2 more Seagate's to RAID, and putting OS on them, that way I can get rid of the IDE drive I have.

As much as I like seagate, my friend has 2 of those drives and they seem very slow...

damn whats wrong with you, like everything other than Samsung's are slow, biggy u need some spanking :lol: ..... The only problem with those spinpoints are, I see none with 16meg cache, all I see is 8megs, which is kinda of a loss.

I really need to beat you up :boxing::P

I do seem to be very biased against anything not spinpoints. I've used most of the popular drives on the market except for the 150gb raptors, and I can honestly say that spinpoints beat them hands down for performance and noise. Maybe they're just not popular except for Ireland?

damn whats wrong with you, like everything other than Samsung's are slow, biggy u need some spanking :lol: ..... The only problem with those spinpoints are, I see none with 16meg cache, all I see is 8megs, which is kinda of a loss.

I really need to beat you up :boxing::P

Get 2 WD Raptors with 16 MB Cache!

Get 2 WD Raptors with 16 MB Cache!

I don't have the $$$, yea unless your gifting it to me as christmas present :P

So... any clue what would cause my raid to suck so much? Im still at a loss.... but it seems to run faster.

But test score proves...vastly.. otherwise.

Maxst2, first try clearing your cache and clearing out some of your old tests. Then retest and put up a new score using the TechExpress link. If that score is for two drives in raid then something is definitely wrong. Are you using Nvidia raid and are you sure you have the correct nVidia raid drivers?

Did you get them from the motherboard site if not where?

Did you put them on a floppy and install them using the F6 command during windows installation?

Did you install all of the motherboard drivers after your windows install?

What physical drives did you use and what size?

Did you use raid 0?

Did you use a 128 stripe or a 64 stripe?

Are both drives the same size?

Test using HD Tach. Here Put this result up with your PitTest.

TechExpress link Pit Score- Higher too

Are you using Nvidia raid and are you sure you have the correct nVidia raid drivers?- Yes

Did you get them from the motherboard site if not where?- CD that came with mobo

Did you put them on a floppy and install them using the F6 command during windows installation?- yes

Did you install all of the motherboard drivers after your windows install?-yes

What physical drives did you use and what size?- Just one so all of it

Did you use raid 0?- striped= raid0, so yes

Did you use a 128 stripe or a 64 stripe? 128k- manual said it would give best performance

Are both drives the same size? two exactly same drives from WD

Test using HD Tach.

Short Test

Long test

There were two test options... so i did both of them.

:pullhair:

Hey Maxst, well now I am confused, not that that's anything new. How are you setting up a raid array with only one physical drive?

What physical drives did you use and what size?- Just one so all of it

Are both drives the same size? two exactly same drives from WD

Tell me the type and size of each idividual, physical hard drive. For example, I have 4 each Western Digital Raptors 150 gig drives in a raid 0 array.

It looks to me like anyone who enters has a very good chance at winning one of the entry prizes. The odds right now are 1 in 22 for the two entry prizes. The EVGA 680i motherboard or the OCZ power supply. I am still hoping someone steps up and beats my current score sometime today.

Gryph

If I had a better clocking CPU... I would try to beat you Gryph... but I'm maxed out... I think I need to do a vcore mod on my board to pass 1.7v :fear:

What speed can you bench at with 1.7v? And maybe it isn't wise to go that high on a non-leet water setup...

I can bench 3.8 at 1.525v afaik

Edited by bigchrome

I have two WD 80gig's in raid 0 128k block. All is single partition.

For what im getting: I should reformat, partition it into say 25 for OS- im gonna go vista, then rest open. I dont like to have billion partitions..lol ANd change to the lowest block? I gathered that this would give me slower performance...

Edited by Maxst2

I have no higher scores waiting to be posted. I am sure if I ran 100 tests I could find another 30-40 points but I think that would be about it. I am definatly maxxed at 4459mhz on that cpu and MB so my score isnt going up anymore.

Gryph

I have two WD 80gig's in raid 0 128k block. All is single partition.

For what im getting: I should reformat, partition it into say 25 for OS- im gonna go vista, then rest open. I dont like to have billion partitions..lol ANd change to the lowest block? I gathered that this would give me slower performance...

Hey Maxst. If you are going to try a partition then set the first partition to 40 gig and leave it blank. Yep, install your operating system on the second larger partition. Once you have installed and are installing the drivers be srue to install all including the video drivers to anywhere but C. Vid drivers and Nvidia software always wants to install to C but put them somewhere else. Leave C empty. I'll put on instant message right now so pm me your im name.

I have no higher scores waiting to be posted. I am sure if I ran 100 tests I could find another 30-40 points but I think that would be about it. I am definatly maxxed at 4459mhz on that cpu and MB so my score isnt going up anymore.

Gryph

But its a hell of a score! :clap: :beer:

True, Gryph thats a very good score :tup:

Maybe flew will get him, since he now is getting a Vapo, I_G might. But I really don't see anyone catching you Gryph.

I had a dream, I wonder who will post a 10k score lol :pullhair::lol:

True, Gryph thats a very good score :tup:

Maybe flew will get him, since he now is getting a Vapo,

:laughing::rofl2:

actually that is one helluva score and I dont see it being beat by anyone other than the man himself

my board seems maxxed out @ 450mhz on water or Phase i'm hoping to get a E6700 soon for the higer multi but can only imagine closing the Gap a small amount

but Cheers Gryph you are an inspiration to us all :clap:

plus you usually give us a heads up on whats coming out and how it does :beer: