Change Mode

Windows XP Powertoy

Wigan

OK, so we've all heard of IrfanView etc ..

But sometimes that's a little time consuming and you can't specify exactly how you want the size.

Some may be able to resize using Picture editors, but some of us may not have that facility.

No need to worry, there is a Windows XP Powertoy that can resize images quickly and effectively.

It can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

I'll add a screenshot so you can locate the download on the page .. It's above CD Slide Show Generator ..

Posted Image

The rest after that is all fairly simple, fully install it then right click on a picture and have a look at the options. If you accidentally click "resize" don't worry, it only saves a copy. So your original picture will still be there ..

Posted Image

Enjoy B)

Edited by Wigan

OK, so we've all heard of IrfanView etc ..

But sometimes that's a little time consuming and you can't specify exactly how you want the size.

Some may be able to resize using Picture editors, but some of us may not have that facility.

No need to worry, there is a Windows XP Powertoy that can resize images quickly and effectively.

It can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

I'll add a screenshot so you can locate the download on the page .. It's above CD Slide Show Generator ..

Posted Image

The rest after that is all fairly simple, fully install it then right click on a picture and have a look at the options. If you accidentally click "resize" don't worry, it only saves a copy. So your original picture will still be there ..

Posted Image

Enjoy B)

OK. So what is supposed to happen next? After I select the size in the dialog and click OK.,I'm back to the same screen as before. Where is the resized picture? How do I know if it worked?

OK. So what is supposed to happen next? After I select the size in the dialog and click OK.,I'm back to the same screen as before. Where is the resized picture? How do I know if it worked?

The resized picture should automatically be created next to your original. This is what the process should look like ..

Rick click on image to resize:

Posted Image

A dialog then should pop up with a few different options, like this, select the bottom option for the test and press OK:

Posted Image

Now, the image should be been created and should hopefully be next to your original picture, like this:

Posted Image

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Wigan

This works great!

I have a friend who has a mega-pixel digital camera who sometimes sends a picture or two. If I wanted to forward it I would always have to play around with it with my photo software (some of the recipients are on dial-up) so that it would send quicker and they could download easily.

This powertoy makes it quite simple and it only takes seconds -- thanks :)

Glad it's of use to people, cheers for the *'s tito :)

I was actually just rooting around the web looking for useful things and that showed up on Microsoft's website ..

Searched for ages for the download link, took me about 10 mins to realise it was on the right .. That's why I've put a little screenshot of where it is ..

:)

• 2 years later...

I've dug this old one up because I couldn't for the life of me remember how I used to resize images easily - But I knew I posted something on the Pit about it.

So here it is again, for those that missed it 3 years ago (or forgot about it) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...