Sign in to follow this  
bpelowski

PC Powers Off and then Re-starts

I've been running into a situation of late where I'll wake up and my PC will have restarted over the course of the night. I've also seen it happen during the daytime but for some reason overnight is more common. When I've seen it happen basically the PC powers off and then comes right back on so the system reboots.

Could this be the power supply going bad? The only thing I have done recently with my PC was to add a 160 gig HD as a slave to the 60 gig that came with this thing 4 or 5 years ago. Could that have any effect? Thanks in advance.

It would really help us help you if you would post a test. Instructions for that are in the Tech Express Help link at the top of this page.

Your Tech Express link isn't working.

It would really help us help you if you would post a test. Instructions for that are in the Tech Express Help link at the top of this page.

Your Tech Express link isn't working.

I've updated the link with a test I ran today. Edited by bpelowski

Go into event viewer (control panel>administrative tools>event viewer) and look around. It may give a clue as to why it's restarting.