Change Mode

Optimize uninstalled Microsoft Word?

After running PC Pitstop Optimize, upon trying to open Microsoft Word I receive the error "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup from the location where you originally installed the application."

This is problematic as I have no idea where my Windows XP and Microsoft Office CDs are. I had this same problem before, and I ran a restore to previous settings, and it fixed the problem; the problem now is that Optimize is not giving me an option to restore settings. I really, really need Word and I don't fancy going out and having to purchase it again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nena

:wp:

I am sorry to hear that Optimize has caused you problems. This issue has been addressed but the update is not yet available for general release.

Your order has been refunded.

Since the 'restore system settings' option is not available this time, you will need to do a Windows System Restore. Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was last run.

To uninstall, go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize.

I ran a Windows System restore. It did not help. I ran another restore for an earlier date. It did not help either. Is there anything else I can do?

I am sorry to hear that Optimize has caused you problems. This issue has been addressed but the update is not yet available for general release.

Since the 'restore system settings' option is not available this time, you will need to do a Windows System Restore. Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was last run.

To uninstall, go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize.

Disregard my last reply; I ran another System Resore for an earlier date, and now Office is working again.

Thank you for your help.