Sign in to follow this  
klc30183

help please

i just took this computer out of storage - it was a friend's. anyway, i've been trying to update it & whatnot. started off with some kinda virus or something. homepage was hijacked & went to "esafetypage". i've done alot of research today & ran some antivirus & spyware programs. afret hours of aggrivation, i got that fixed. everything seems to be working fine & internet is superfast. the problem i have now is i can't run pcpitstop tests. it says my active x or java scripting controls are wrong. i've done what the help files said but it still won't work. also, online, where pics, gifs, ect, are supposed to be - there is a box with little symbols in different colors in it (red square, blue triangle, ect.). what's up? ? ? any help? ? ?

Hi did you update the Java? If not update it then try tests again.

i tried - i went to the website & downloaded the latest version but it made NO difference

Hi, How did you stop "esafetypage" hijacking your homepage

honestly - i don't know. i tried soo many things i don't know what finally fixed it. the other problems continued so i eventually reformatted & reinstalled windows.