Change Mode

JavaScript

Guest Guest_Dan_*

Guest Guest_Dan_*

:help: I upgraded to the latest version of Optimize and after running the program I now get a JavaScript error. The error says that I either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia Flash. I have the lastest "Flash" but what became of Java and/or how do I turn in back on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Update on Java issue. I've been using Optimzer for about one year with no issues. I upgraded to v1.5 and started getting Java and/or runtime errors. It appears that my directory was affected and that was the root of my Java errors. I was told to do a system restore back to a date before I installed Optomizer and this was done. All seems well with java, flash and runtime except now when I reinstalled the old version of Optimize (Before v1.5) it doesn't run. I tried to remove it and now I get the error message

The unistall log file "C:\ProgramFiles\PCPitstop\Optimize\inins000.dat" is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller. Cannot unistall.

How do I remove Optimzer so I can do a clean install? :(

First thing to try is just reinstalling the original version from here:

http://benderda.freepgs.com/optimize-setup-v14.exe

If that doesn't work, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

Then go to Start>Run>type "regedit" without the quotes and hit the 'enter'key.

Once the registry editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCPitstop\Optimize and delete that folder as well.

Then try reinstalling from the above link.

Thanks IntelGuy...Removal went smooth. I reinstalled using my Optimize disc and it now runs. At this point in time I'm avoiding the 1.5 upgrade to see if I get any additional directory issues before I upgrade again.

Thanks again.

Archived