I've been running SLI on overclocked AMD X2 Opterons and overclocked Intel Conroes with nothing more than a PCP&C 510 SLI. That includes 4 raptors in raid. It's handled it so far. I would probably move up to the new PCP&C 750 that's advertised as being quiet or the 1K. I think the 1K is supposed to be quieter than the 850. Before using the PCP&C I went through about 6 powersupplies that didn't cut it. It's PCP&C all the way for me now.

Why stop there Shogan? Why not go for IBM's PSUs? They're supposed to be the absolute best money can buy for mission critical servers that use a thousand watts just to boot up. :P

I'd invest in (PCP) & C if I had the money, but then, I could just buy a better computer with the money I'd save going with a cheaper but higly reliable PSU.

Edited by brandon

Well here's the only motherboard out for the moment that works with the three cards in SLI. http://www.evga.com/articles/329.asp Also avail. here .

Still haven't found the cards anywhere. The hard launch date must have been effected just a little by the resistor problem.

brandon I'm not sure what IBM powersupply you're talking about. Have you got a link. Couldn't find anything in Google. :P

A friend of mine got his 8800GTX 2 days ago i could get one then too I know the owner he said he would just send the invoice later heheh.

Im going to sell off my 7950GX2 before i buy one the price difference between my card and the xfx 8800gtx is about $230US so its not so bad.

There arnt going to be any price drops here until R600 comes nocking ive been told.

I figured it would be about the same price if i skipped the 8800's and waited for a refresh due to depreciation of the 7950's price. Besides Uni just finished and im going to find a 2nd part time job and extra hours :shifty: . Ill more than likely be getting a silverstone 850W psu after the 8800gtx my 700W might start to struggle a bit :hammer:

Edited by awaaka

Don't let that stop you. I got my first job when I was 12 working in Smokey's Cycle Shop changing spark plugs, oil, and polishing chrome. Been working ever since. Took me eight years to get through college as I finally had to get a full time job during the middle of my junior year. Took me five years to finish the last year and a half. :rofl3: