Change Mode

MS can still see the light, occasionally

The new revision is a much better policy than what they were first going to go with. :) I was previously very discuraged, now I'm mildly interested.

Edited by rtyrie1

Half the people want more programs included and half want less programs included. I'm fine with it like it is. MS office is an expensive program but so is QuickBooks. I like the way XP and Vista are configured as far as add on programs.

i think its a great idea ......... and will probably sell way more copies

i've had RC1 for quite sometime but yet to install ..... and now RC2 is out ( I think ) if sli is supported i'll install

Too little too late in my opinion.

It is in fact Microsoft's very restrictive licensing, and their we can change your computer any time we want licensing that stopped me from using Microsoft products all together.

The license is everything, and I can not bring myself to agree to it, so I just can't use their products.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support any software maker to use any license they want, but that doesn't mean I will buy/use their products. ;)

some are making it sound ok to get an operating system with nothing, you must know that people arent made of money and a few years back they had a big conference to make computers cheaper, well ms isnt taking that route, infact they dont want no part of it, pc makers like dell and hp took the steps to provide pc's at lower costs, now its looking like this defeats the purpose and lower income familys get stuck with outdated hardware and software, no pun intended :)

i help alot of people out, familys that cant afford pc's for them and there kids, exe's/ ms software is expensive!

what ms said about using that restrictive license to prevent piracy, thats a crock, like thats going to stop them from pirating :laughing:

post has been edited

Edited by duanester

duanester I certainly understand what you are getting at. Thing is I don't think you could possibly sell computers for any less than they are selling for from the likes of Dell and others. Heres one from WallMart that has speakers, keyboard, mouse, and XP home OS. You can get the same thing with a monitor for a hunnerd :P more. Most of the other programs that are needed are available for free wtihout hacking anything. I think we're living at the absolute best time of computing and the internet. It's developed enough to be useful and entertaining and yet still open enough that it's not restricted out of the reach of the majority of the population. :)

We'll never stop piracy completely but I don't fault MS for wanting to protect it's property and business. What the heck you can get many of the Linux OSs free. Can't get much cheaper than that. :)

sho, i understand capitalism, it has alot to to with share share alike and not take over the world then decide to nail us with extreme prices because they know we need them, thats low :lol:

this is there threat, and is why its on a hack masters croshare "my opinion", losen up on the costs and share sorce codes and they will be more powerfull then they are now ;)

I agree Sho... I believe the PC market is saturated because of the lower costs of newer PC's. these days just about anyone can get a decent used machine for next to nothing.

I also believe as well that this is a very good time in the computing industry and the Internet.

There will only be more restrictions placed at this point, more protection, more security...

That's not bad, but it's more hassle for some...