Change Mode

Battlefield 2142

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the titan? From the hanger go to the sides and press "e" on the door lookin things on the side. THen you can look around and left click i think? And using your reg controls you can guide it where you want to land...say on a tank or next to a silo.

The APC's also have this but i dont remember how to get them to fire... im hardly in them.

ALSO.. the transports and fighters have pods as well...its useful when you need to get out really fast. and cause distraction on the ground with all the dust and wreakage.

I am Sergeant Major of the Army rankPosted Image, my accuracy is only 11% so I don't think you are too far off.

The trick early is to pick one role and to stick with it for a bit, I picked support. I am almost exclusively defense; I get maybe 20 points until our titan shields go down, and after our shields go down I probably average 100 points. Titan defender pins are worth 20 points each and all you need to do is kill 7 enemies on your titan, and you can get multiple titan defenders in a match (I got 4 in one match before)

Yea, thats what I do when I play, can easily get 100+ points per game if you do that.. though, since i played last people have started doing that more.

When I did play, first when the FullVersion came out noone was doing that, Only a couple people... then they saw how many kills+points i'd get and follow me.. then do what i did and take my spot. Lol.

I got around 4 i believe myself too.. though, they didn't count it until later since the updating of the points takes so long.

Edited by strukt

hello guys since there is already a bf 2142 thread going my specs are im my sig my comp jsut dosent run 2142 aswell as i had hoped heard if i got another 1gig stick of ram and took out the 512 meg so ihad two gigs running i dual channell it would help 2142 run a lot better with my specs or should i just get a 7900gt lol, i want the gt but memory would be much easier to get now than a video card but is it gonna be enough of a gain to make it worth it thanks in advance

i must be doing somethig wrong mine runs 2142 in 20 man server at a steady 50 fps peaks 70 0r 80 my settings

are textures medium everything elso on low aa off enhanced lightiing off 800 x 600 res if i run the stting on medium in pretty full room say 30 to 40 people i cant get in up close battles of it lags some any ideas tweak or anything without overclocking it thanks in advance all i really appreciate it

Edited by Liquid_Scope

Funny i have only been kicked by PB TWICE. And that was only when i was at my moms house and she has SLOW dsl... which was bound to happen.

WHAT im sick of bf2 is all the hackers and the fact that none.. NONE... of the guns are anywhere near accurate.

Like for example... you shoot a guy with a rocket....he lives..and kills you with a pistol @ 200 yards.... it just doesnt happen in real life! 2142 has improved...but not much on this.

My accuracy is quite low, 15% overall. I almost always try to engage the enemy in close combat with the support Clark shotgun, one shot at close range will kill; I am also getting quite proficient with the knife. I am getting good at terrorizing the enemy with mines and demopacks, well placed explosives on the titan can easily get you 10 kills within a couple of seconds. I got my explosive proficiency bronze and silver in the same match as well as 4 explosives pins, 35 explosive kills in a match.

I am 1st Lieutenant Gold now

Master Sarg. Silver here.

I love the upgraded assualt gun-if you preordered it you get lil code to get upgrade of the EU side only gun... it pretty much rocks. Just got squard leader badge couple nights ago.

wowsamaxst2 is my tag. add me as buddy... be fun to start a squad. Im already playing with 2-5 others at a given time.

hello all i cant get my 6800gt to preform like i would like for it too in bf2 and 2142 so i was thinking of an upgrade that would last as long as possible as i cant upgrade real often ,but here is my first thought myabe you guys can shed some light on how good xfx are about the rebates as in d0o they send you the rebate . Or try to make you job thru hoops lol, anyway here is first one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150208 here is the other onehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150195 my question will i see a big jump in preformance if i go for the 7900gt over 79gs or will it last longer any help appreciated thanks in advance

Why not go for an X1950Pro? It stomps the 7900GS, and in some cases, it's cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814121031

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814125045

Both are ones with better than stock coolers, and they're not too different in price.

Edited by brandon

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130056 cheaper GS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130057

same cost as 1950. and top line 7900gs

while the numbers in terms of core clocking and mem speed, stock, the 1950 wins. But i have a friend that has one, and i have the 7900gs KO. I score better than he does- 3dmark and pitstop, We are both overclocked- btw KO over clocks more then the 1950 maybe only due to i have more airflow im not sure. I have another friend with the base GS and he also outscores. Now Im not sure if he as the last generation 1950. The brand new ones i do believe do better.

Either one you go with you wont be disappointed. Both are very good cards.