Change Mode

Battlefield 2142

i had fun times....i had sad times

if it wasnt for the stupid punkbuster kicking me off all the time i'd be having a blast right now instead of on here :thud:

kinda wish they had more in the way of vehicles, the walkers look cool but i cant ever find one for me to use.

other than that i like it a bit more than bf2....if only EA would get out of the way

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had it two days ...lurve it .......been kicked a tew times on there...too.....only play the 48 person titian maps

...lost count how many times Ive died , but Im getting accurate with my pod drop ....... even landed

right on top of the missle tube ..... Havnt quite sussed everything yet ....the mini warthog is a gas

Im Tankus0 in the EA servers

my son love's 2142 i like it too but prefer BF2, i suppose if i played it more i would like it even more. walker's are great but hard to get. we are a SGT. GOLD. dont care to much for ''titan mode'' but all in all a good game. we are ''trevorpfc'' see ya there.

Heh ...quality kill tipp ...if the enemy is fireing AA at your titan from near a red missile launcher , follow the tracer down in your pod and land on him . you will utterly destroy the AA and him with no injury ...Ive killed 3 so far this way ...almost worth dying for .....!

its a gas

Edited by Tankus

I thought it was pretty fun.. but, i just wish the game could allow me to run 1680/1050. :(

me too, I run it on the other wide screen setting though and it looks pretty good. I am a Sergeant Gold Rank now.

Heh ...quality kill tipp ...if the enemy is fireing AA at your titan from near a red missile launcher , follow the tracer down in your pod and land on him . you will utterly destroy the AA and him with no injury ...Ive killed 3 so far this way ...almost worth dying for .....!

its a gas

that works with the air transports also, land on top of them in a pod and you can get 5 or 6 kills a time (it is great for the killing streak).
  • 2 weeks later...

updated my drivers to 93.71 and the game works good now

almost a colenal gunner silver or something like that..how far along is everyone else getting at?

my accuracy is only like 8 or 9%..is that good or bad on average, i have a decked out mouse/mousepad, a nostromo 2 gaming control and i still never make it to the top 10 on each map lol

I am Sergeant Major of the Army rankPosted Image, my accuracy is only 11% so I don't think you are too far off.

The trick early is to pick one role and to stick with it for a bit, I picked support. I am almost exclusively defense; I get maybe 20 points until our titan shields go down, and after our shields go down I probably average 100 points. Titan defender pins are worth 20 points each and all you need to do is kill 7 enemies on your titan, and you can get multiple titan defenders in a match (I got 4 in one match before)

bf2142 is developed by the same people that did bf2... least when i boot up either of them i get ea and dice.

Secondly... its no different than BF2 in terms of game play... Do you play online at all? Other than titan games, which is an addition..i see its no different.

I am Sergeant Major of the Army rankPosted Image, my accuracy is only 11% so I don't think you are too far off.

The trick early is to pick one role and to stick with it for a bit, I picked support. I am almost exclusively defense; I get maybe 20 points until our titan shields go down, and after our shields go down I probably average 100 points. Titan defender pins are worth 20 points each and all you need to do is kill 7 enemies on your titan, and you can get multiple titan defenders in a match (I got 4 in one match before)

thanks, theres quite a bit i dont know about, manual is very unhelpful...when i play titan all ive been doing is using the dropship to either transport troops or land next to silo's to gain neutilize and capture points but dont get many doin that..i'll try defense

any other good point tips?

thanks, theres quite a bit i dont know about, manual is very unhelpful...when i play titan all ive been doing is using the dropship to either transport troops or land next to silo's to gain neutilize and capture points but dont get many doin that..i'll try defense

any other good point tips?

There are basically ducts on the titan that the enemy frequently use for invading a titan when the shield are down. Shoot out of your titan straight up and then guide your pod to the roof of your titan, then run the opposite direction of the hangar (the spawn point on the titan), along the right and left sides there is a small entrance that goes straight down into the ducts.

Knowing about the ducts is helpful because you can be recon and set up ap mines in them, getting 2 points per kill. You can also wait in them and watch for the enemy to congregate outside one of the hallways, throw a couple of grenades and you can get 40 points easily with one or two nades.

Aircraft and jeeps have soft armour on their tops, you can land your pod on top of these vehicles and instantly kill everyone inside. That also works for the mounted guns, you can also land your pod right on an enemy soldier.

Ammo and health kits are great ways to get easy points, find an area with heavy conflict and drop one of those kits. They will only last 5-10 minutes so you have to keep dropping kits if you want to keep getting points. I find that the reactor room and counsel hallways are the best places to drop these kits (when the enemy is attacking and your teammates are trenched in well.

I am 95% defense so I don't have a lot of insightful tips, basically just watch other people with a similar kit to yourself and emulate them if they are successful. Assault has the best gun for a starter, but the support gun is nice because it has a huge clip and you don't have to worry about ammo.