hye..i got a problem where i couldn on my pc.the mobo led is on but when i press the power button,the fan start to run at 2-3 secs then it stop.No beeping too.Can anyone tell me what is happening to my mobo?

No HD activity either..Only the LED light on.I have changed the PSU.

Check all the plugs

reset the cmos

unplug everything from the board

I had the same problem couple of weeks ago. It seems the thermal grease on my cpu heat sink had gotten brittle and cracked cauring a tiny air gap between it and the cpu. Computer would turn on onlt2-3 seconds then shut off. Cpu was getting hot. Removed heat sink, cleaned off ALL of the old thermal grease from the heatsink and cpu. Reapplied new thermal grease and reassembled. Haven't had a problem since. I was amazed, never thought that was the problem. GL2U.

The motherboard i am asking about is Intel D915PLWD. Now i am using ASUS MotherboardP5RD1-VM.Thats why i cant post any PC Pitstop Result since i'm not using the one i want to troubleshoot. I would like to use the Intel mobo again since the ASUS mobo seems make my games stutter and my PC feels slower rather than using the Intel mobo.

I am playing mmorpg game (Last Chaos-Malaysian Server),so i cant effort being offline for a long time. I have changed the thermal paste but my PC still wont boot, not even able going to BIOS.

When the power comes on and then cuts out right away your motherboard is shot not passing power through the motherboard to other parts of the computer. It could be that the motherboard is shorting out in the case but if you have another motherboard working in the case thta's not likely. If it's a retail Intel motherboard contact them for an RMA. They warrenty the retail boards for 3 years.

The motherboard i am asking about is Intel D915PLWD. Now i am using ASUS MotherboardP5RD1-VM.Thats why i cant post any PC Pitstop Result since i'm not using the one i want to troubleshoot. I would like to use the Intel mobo again since the ASUS mobo seems make my games stutter and my PC feels slower rather than using the Intel mobo.

I am playing mmorpg game (Last Chaos-Malaysian Server),so i cant effort being offline for a long time. I have changed the thermal paste but my PC still wont boot, not even able going to BIOS.

Nawaahhhhhhhh.........My board is a msi ms-6593 w/a k7t266 pro2-u chipset........

The serial number is on a sticker with bar code on the motherboard it's very tiny.

You will have to work with Intel I used the email option since it was a long distance call (I'm cheap). Once you convince them that you've tried everything they will give you an RMA. You will need to strip the board down, pack it well, and ship it back. They will ship you a replacement board in about a week or so. Don't lose the box just in case you need to return it again. It took me two tries to get a board that lasted more than a few months.

Edited by mouse