Sign in to follow this  
someguyouknoe

Whats so bad about ktorrent?

dadymac, did you compile from source or use an rpm?

what distro ? also what rpm if any :)

He said he installed it through SMART. That means rpm and suse. His distro is also in his sig. Edited by Neo X1

yeah, I initially installed it through SMART (which was just an RPM through GURU), and it also installed the dependencies, which were python 2.4.2 and pythonwx-GTK 2.6.2.

When I figured something may have gone wrong through the installation (no errors were given), I downloaded the .rpm myself, ran it through the konsole, and it said that bittornado was already installed...

I'd run the command through konsole to see if it will open, but I don't know the command...and "bittornado" isn't it :lol:

hey mac, try bittornado-0.3.15-1.guru.suse100.i686.rpm here http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idp...0.i686.rpm.html

you must search for bittornado in yast and remove that package first, once done, download that rpm with firefox and choose to install with zen installer ;)

edit: never needed to resolve dependencies http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/duanester/snapshot3.jpg just installed it

Edited by duanester

The command to open up bittornado is btdownloadgui. Add it to your menu manually if you want, or just tell torrent files to open with it.

If you want to take a guess at a command, you can start typing it and then hit tab, which activates autocompletion. Sometimes helps.

Thanks alot guys! I uninstalled the version that I installed in SMART, and installed that .rpm, and everything works fine now!

Ive been connected for 15 minutes, and I'm already pushing approx 40 seeders, and speeds around 70kb/s...compared to less than 10 seeders, and sub 20kb/s speeds with both kTorrent and Azureus.

BitTornado FTW! :beer:

glad to see its functioning, did you need to disable the firewall?

I just had to open a couple of different ports, and it worked fine.

Last night, i was getting speeds of approx 260kb/s+ when downloading something, with only about 20 seeders connected... Its a wonderful feeling :lol:

i get anywhere from 180 to 2500, in the 2500's is bliss, ya gotta love those dsl ups, 750+ uploads per user :mrgreen:

Guess i will try out Bittornado.

I get good speeds with Ktorrent. Got about 450-500 last night which is the highest i have seen but usually that comes at the price of surfing the internet at a decent speed. Even with upload turned down, i still get slow internets.