Change Mode

I'm not sure how many people are aware that you can update the BIOS on your nVidia card and in doing so "volt mod" your card.

I just did it makeing my 7950GT KO a 7950GT KO SC. Using the KO SC BIOS rom to replace the KO rom it upped the 3D volts to 1.45v from 1.35v and the "detect optimal" went from 580/765 or so to 620/810!!! I'm going to run a comparison 3D Mark to the old BIOS but I KNOW it'll be a lot better. From what I've been reading people are getting 650 and 825 or better after this mod.

If you have a 7950GT KO you can do it to. I uploaded everything you need to do it. Just follow the "how to" directions and in 2 min you can do the same. No Pencils, no soldering, just type in the command at the DOS prompt. :D

This is for the 7950GT ONLY! I'm sure you can do it with other related cards (like a 7900GT to a 7900GT KO) you just need to get the BIOS.

http://rapidshare.com/files/686302/7950GT_KO_BIOS_mod.zip

You can get the correct BIOS for your card HERE. Just use the one for the model of card you want the BIOS to think it is and replace the .rom files on the floppy you create with the file I uploaded with the one for your card. I'd suggest you only use one that's an upgraded model from your card (like a 7900GT to a 7900GT KO) and as always BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL VIDEO BIOS (or get the one from the list for yours and put it on the floppy as well)!

I just ordered two 7950gt ko's :P

I'll be looking for you in a couple of days :)

It's so simple it's almost a crime. :mrgreen: So far I've had it up to 660/825 (1650) and not an arty to be seen. :thud:

I just ordered two 7950gt ko's :P

I'll be looking for you in a couple of days :)

Do you mean you will be having an AK47 and will be looking for Tarawa's :filtered: lol. :P

Tarawa, get a shotgun for protection, I will be with him looking for you. :lol:

Kidding guys :P:adios:

Not bad for a $95 processor. When are you going to replace that thing? 975 chipset, I think your board is bored. :snooze:

Yep. It is. :D

Got the Nov. budget covered with the upgrade from 1/4" cooling to 3/8" cooling. Dec is the new case and hopefully Jan. I'll be getting the Crucial 10th AniversayRAM and a 6600. ;)

Then comes the second 7950GT KO (sc) for SLI. :D

BTW. Got it to 4 GHz. :D :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by tarawa

Tarawa,

Wow keep it up bro, some genius in you there. Something tells me your the future I_G guy lol. I_G gets some awesome scores and stuff, but ur also clocking things like CRAZY !! :P

Good stuff, good to know, I'm still deciding if I should step up to a 7950 GT KO from my 7900GT KO SC, I mean Its ok. :shifty:

Sorry for hijacking ur thread, but I thought, since you already have a Topic up for 7950's, I might ask you for advice, Brotha, would you step up if u were me. You guys surely know way more than me in OC'ing, and Vid card stuff.

Thanks alot. Plz Do let me know, I will checking on for your reply, or anybody here. On the other hand the DX10 cards are out in less than a month, but I don't have no $500 to spend on those cards plus an extra PSU just for the cards. Its tight man :snooze: .

Thanks alot. Good to see ya around :)

I'm like WTH....

This card is not available for Step-Up, past 90 day window (Ended:10/15/2006)

and

This card is not available for Step-Up, past 90 day window (Ended:8/30/2006)

nnoooooo.......... :thud::fear::mrsgreen: ITs not gooood :surrender:

Do you have a floppy or a USB stick??

Floppy yes sir, sorry to be a little funny, it didn't sound funny :shifty: .

Lets get serious, yeah I would like to know how to that trick, I do have a floppy thanks.

Thankyou.. :)

format the disk as a MS-DOS startup disk then load NVFlash onto the disk too along with your OLD and new BIOS (have a PCI video card spare), label the new bios somthing like new.bin,

# Reboot your computer with the start diskette and run nvflash -b oldbios.bin to save your old BIOS just in case you might need it at a later time.

# Now run nvflash -f newbios.bin Replace newbios.bin with the filename of the downloaded BIOS file.

More here.... http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overc...ng/vidcard/34/1

Edited by aaronlewis89

Thanks for link Aaron, its a good read !!.

Will surely do it. Just had 2 questions for you, as I right on this? To flash the BIOS, your making flash the BIOS to a different card.

And the second question I had was in the article it says you need to have a backup BIOS for your card, and BIOS to the card you wanna flash too. (how's that now?)

Thanks alot for your help.

Cheers,

Miggs :) :beer: