Change Mode

Flight Simulator X

I'm getting a little tired of FPS games. I hate spawning in and getting killed before I can do anything. So, I was at Fry's the other day and they had Flight Simulator X on sale and I picked up a copy. This thing is pretty cool so far.

I have a 7900 GT, and it seems a little bit laggy. I do have settings up on max. How much of an improvement in this game would it be if I got another one for SLI?

I won't be home until tomorrow. I'll post pics then.

This is the first time I've played Flight Sim. I know it's been around a long time. I remember when I was a kid that they showed flight sim on Mr. Wizard, back in the 80's.

That's interesting about the DirectX10. I haven't seen that or noticed it on the System Requirements / Recommendations. If it does utilitize it, then I'll definitely hold off on getting a second 7900GT. Knowing the trends, the next gen card will be faster than two current gen cards in SLI. That's part of the reason I have never bothered to go with SLI.

The only time I have any sort of issue is when I turn to look out a different window, like the side window. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to render.

As far as framerate, it's not bad. I'm not sure what it is, but everything seems to flow pretty good. I mean, there isn't intense action as with something like Unreal 2k4.