Sign in to follow this  
Drovers Dog

How many Members does the Pit Lose?

Aren't we all missing the point here? :nono:

I very seldom post these days but I still read through what the rest of you have to say and - if there is one thing that stands out - it is simply this: DD has a strong attachment to the PIT and has shown that in many ways. Least of all being his (what I think is) genuine concern for where he sees the PIT going. Whether he is right or wrong about this is neither here nor there. What is important is that he cares about the PIT. DD may not be the most eloquent of communicators but he tells it as he sees it - and therefore should not be derided for that fact. What about this image we all have of the PIT as being one big family? Does that mean we reject those who don't always agree with us? Or say things we don't like to hear? C'mon folks, we have all been motivated sufficiently by the PIT to keep coming back here time and time again - as has DD - whatever happened to live and let live?

I think that if DD feels we are losing members then that is okay. I don't see it as him taking a shot at the organisers or the owners - I hear his question for what it is. Maybe we should be collecting stats on how the membership flows and ebbs? Would it be that difficult to collate this information? If we can do so and present it as here is how we are doing this month, quarter or whatever - then it is factual - nothing more nothing less. And before folks jump on the bandwagon about stats only telling you what you want it to and how easily they can be manipulated - don't! All DD has asked for is "do the numbers add up to what he thinks they do?" Is it so wrong for a PIT member to ask that?

In many respects, we seem to be condemning DD for showing an interest in how well the PIT is doing. I don't see that as us being very positive about ourselves. Perhaps we are all doing exactly what DD is hinting at? Are we in fact alienating posters to the PIT by the way we seem to view many posts as attacks rather than questions?

beau B)

Guest Trackrat

I remember DD & Moon from other forums and they seem to me to stay for so long, then find something wrong with the forum then leave.

With such a wide selection of nationalities on this forum, from time to time people will leave for various different reasons.

Although I do not post much on this forum, I like reading the posts, just because I do not post much does not mean I do not like the way the forum is going.

I have been with this forum for nearly 3 years and it has changed in that time, but in my opinion it has been for the best.

All forums lose & gain members, at the end of the day if you do not like the way the forum is, you have the choice to stay or go, no one is twisting anyones arms.

It seems to have gotton down to less of the active members, but within those you are getting better posting, and people drawing closer and getting to know each other. I enjoy reading here alot more because I can keep up. I stopped coming for a while because there was just too much going on, was hard to read anything that happened because it was just too much too quick. Like it alot better now...

so.... Let Parrrrrtttyyyyyyy!!!!!! :banana::party::rocks::banana:

Edited by BlackWiddow

Go figure this crap is allowed to run for 5 pages and i lose my post because of the title

I find this thread highly offensive and undermining to my character and pretty stupid as well

Edited by Bear

bear

Go figure this crap is allowed to run for 5 pages and i lose my post because of the title

I find this thread highly offensive and undermining to my character and pretty stupid as well

arf ..probably just made a dog wag its tail ....!

Of course my thoughts about this thread are just about this thread not about the original poster. Still think DD is a tad nuts and a good friend.

People, can't you see that you're harboring an Internet troll? I remember just once someone told DD to "lay off the crack pipe". He's bypassed the :filtered: censor a few times, and of all things, he makes no sense of anything. Has he helped with anyone installing "Sonic RecordNow!" (example given) on their computer?

Now someone lock this post up like a prisoner before we have another Drover-ism.