Sign in to follow this  
Sam Mckeown

WOW! dx10 - dx9 = big difference

Na hernom webe Sector.sk vyšla zaujímavá novinka

Exactly what I was thinking!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Wow!! You think in Russian? :D

DirectX10 is exclusive to Windows Vista and is not slated to be supported by any other platform. This will ensure that the next-gen games will be available on Windows Vista before any other platform.

This will ensure that you have to buy Vista as Microsoft will no doubt drop support for DX9 in record time.

Thanks, Microsoft.

ya, um, everyone notice the "artist conecpt" thingy in the picture?

i'll wait for it to come out along w/ games that use it and hardware the supports it natively

ya, um, everyone notice the "artist conecpt" thingy in the picture?

Nobody pays any attention to te impotant stuff like that. :lol:

They just see a picture that someone made in photoshop titled DX10 and say wow that will be excellent :rofl3::rolleyes:

The pics of the mountain sceen are too different for any sort of comparison. I'd rather see a rendering of the same sort of pic. Clouds look different because they are different types of clouds, same for the water. There is a noticable difference in the shading on mountains but that's because there's no shading on the DirectX9 pic. Can't render it if it's not there.

:blink: And over here to the left, I'll paint a happy little cottage, with a happy little stone path leading up to it. Then, I think we need some more happy little trees. :rolleyes:

Yeah I would like to see the same exact image in both to really compare the differences.

how can you "really" compare if the standard, hardware, and software aren't all out for it yet?

Sorry to burst your bubbles people but... those are fake lmao (for those of you who can't tell)

And if direct 10 looks anything like that, i don't want to be anywhere near it.

(yes i seen the "concept image") :)

Edited by strukt

I'll take hell no for $200...

I'm not going to be playing any new games anymore I guess. I will never downgrade to Vista, nor DirectX10. I'll buy a DirectX10 card, but only for the fact that it'll be superior to any DirectX9 card out today.

nah, 'cause budget line cards will come w/ dx10, and that alone won't make it better than a 7900gtx, lol

I'll take hell no for $200...

I'm not going to be playing any new games anymore I guess. I will never downgrade to Vista, nor DirectX10. I'll buy a DirectX10 card, but only for the fact that it'll be superior to any DirectX9 card out today.

...says the guy that wouldn't switch to Intel. ;)

And if direct 10 looks anything like that, i don't want to be anywhere near it.

The bottom two look real. Why do I say that? Because they both look like :filtered:.

See the flat grass! See the trees that are made out of not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR (4) flat pieces! Look at the horrible textures we put on them! Marvel at the bitmap we used for a sky! Stare in awe at the scaling inconsistencies of the city in the background! Love the white dots we peppered the ocean with, becuase real life is broadcast in weak VHF!

I'm sorry, but nature stopped looking like cardboard cutouts years ago.

Honestly, the DX9 version of that picture looks better despite the low-resolution texture they used in the foreground. It's because they didn't try to pepper it with crap that they thought would make it look more real.

Edited by RandomX