Change Mode

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dual boot?

Dual booting is not an option for me. I have alot of important data saved on my second HD, so dual booting is no longer possible. :(

I'll just do an upgrade install of XP. I'm gonna buy XP Pro off Ebay later today.

Edit: I may be coming into a 3rd HD sometime soon, so maybe I can dual boot. Actually, make that a 3rd and 4th.

Edited by brandon

brandon, i guess you just have to accept the fact that win2k is no longer widely supported...

Hell, even my XP SP1 is getting abandoned...

Win2k still is widely supported. ;)

Everything I know except this game runs on Windows 2000, and MS will support 2k into the near future also. I still think XP is a total POS, and Win2k is far better, but I really wanna play that game.

See your biased again... XP ain't bad, its fast, just look prettier thats all... 2K is still widely support as server,some consumer program doesnt support it anymore, its going to happen alot more in the future. Join the dark side brandon, feel the power of the dark side

don't hate the OS, hate microsoft

Edited by AMDX1325

I must wonder why you think Win2k is so much better than XP or why XP is so atrocious? Last I knew, Win2k wasn't made for the end user, it's more for business use. That's why it's still supported while XP SP1 isn't.

I've never actually had XP crash on me. I've had programs running in XP crash, but XP itself stayed stable.

It's not an inherently bad OS.

I know XP isn't bad, I just don't like how XP looks, and it has activation. Activation is what made me despise XP.

BTW, I'm not biased, it's just that 2000 doesn't have any of the extra crap that comes with XP. I don't need activation, or any of the extra crap.

BTW, I'm not biased. I hate every Windows OS. I just hate 2000 the least.

i guess it depends on the person using the PC, i had 2k, thought it was great, troubleless without activation and all that extra stuff, easy to use. But i switched to XP, wasn't that bad, activation is fine as long as you don't bootleg :shifty:, infact my PC got more stable with XP, gotta agree tho 2k is cleaner and hassle less.

Edited by AMDX1325

Stop being a whiny :filtered: and just install Windows XP. It's not the awful monster you make it out to be.

like teh omgz0rz, i needs to go back to linux before the evil ms gets me o noes1!!!11!

I got it today, and I installed it. COH works/plays great. I wasn't being a whiny :filtered:, I just don't like having to "Activate" my operating system to get permission to use it. Nor do I like all the extra fluff that comes with XP. Don't pull any excuses out of your @s5, because it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Besides, I don't think MS is evil, just their business practices.

See the thing is...

2K + Activation + New Skin + a few tweaks for displaying pictures + Windows Media Player 7 = XP

Artificial requirements are stupid, I have games that whine about "not being able to run in 2k" all the time. Compatability mode --> on = the games suddenly working fine. Hmmmm.

Stop being a whiny :filtered: and just install Windows XP. It's not the awful monster you make it out to be.

like teh omgz0rz, i needs to go back to linux before the evil ms gets me o noes1!!!11!

Grow up.... It's not a personal insult to you that we all have very low opinions of XP, so stop taking it like one.

Grow up.... It's not a personal insult to you that we all have very low opinions of XP, so stop taking it like one.

I have a low opinion of both Microsoft and Windows XP, but you do not see me complaining about. Unlike some people, 40% of my post count isn't dedicated to :filtered:ing about an operating system.

And it seems like you are the one who takes it personal. ;)

I have a low opinion of both Microsoft and Windows XP, but you do not see me complaining about. Unlike some people, 40% of my post count isn't dedicated to :filtered:ing about an operating system.

:clap: Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

See the thing is...

2K + Activation + New Skin + a few tweaks for displaying pictures + Windows Media Player 7 = XP

Artificial requirements are stupid, I have games that whine about "not being able to run in 2k" all the time. Compatability mode --> on = the games suddenly working fine. Hmmmm.

I thought compatibility works only with old games that would normaly run on win98, win95 and NT.

Have you tried it with Company of heroes and works?

I thought compatibility works only with old games that would normaly run on win98, win95 and NT.

Have you tried it with Company of heroes and works?

I don't have Company of Heroes, nor have I ever played it, so I dunno.

Compatability mode only works backwards however, so I doubt it'd work.

If you have a low opinion of Windows XP then why do you mock somebody that refuses to install it?

Brandon, i'm sure that game will probably read a reg value to determine the OS, try looking into it; there is not point purchasing windows for a game, and even less point pirating it.

According to Transgaming.org cedega supports company of heroes, why not invest in a copy of cedega instead? (Or compile the CVS)

If you have a low opinion of Windows XP then why do you mock somebody that refuses to install it?

Brandon, i'm sure that game will probably read a reg value to determine the OS, try looking into it; there is not point purchasing windows for a game, and even less point pirating it.

According to Transgaming.org cedega supports company of heroes, why not invest in a copy of cedega instead? (Or compile the CVS)

I have an ATI card now, and I've noticed that it totally sucks under Linux. :(