Change Mode

Whip 'Em Out And Compare

I just cant figure out why someone would but a pci-e board and a pci-e to pci converter card and use it? :blink:

Well, if you have three PCI devices but only two PCI devices, and you really wanted the features of a certain motherboard, well, it makes sense to me. I wouldn't do it, but it makes sense to me.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i would hate after spending that kind of cash, is knowing that it will be out of date in a few months, there will be tons of new bragging threads about 4 core cpu's and mentioning a rig like that then would get no attention

all in all its just too much money for very little performance improvement over much cheaper stuff and on top of all else....blue ray?...2 of them :blink:

if you need 50 gig of backup storage...the WD passport 120gig usb external drive is only like $130

thanks to external drives i no longer burn any dvd's, only good for keeping movies and games backups

lol ive been watching this thread for a while, and i noticed this poor sole... "doodard" got what he was after..... attention.

I really didnt want to add to this thread but i hafta say he hasnt posted in 10 days and i cant believe this thread is on 11 pages ;)

I'm going to compare :lol: .

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=NMASFWKKSFWSF9AC :crash:

Intel E6300

Abit AW9D

a couple o' harddrives

a bit of ram (no pun intended) only 512 in single channel, that is why the score is only 880

a power supply

and an obsolete x1800xt

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out if I worked for it or not :shrug: . Although a summer job as a gigalo would be nice... At least until the penicilin shot.

Edited by rtyrie1